Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Blah Christmas?

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by Alison » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:31 pm

So it's my first Christmas after being diagnosed. I was thinking maybe I was finally close to middle ground for a while. I felt maybe a little insensitive/mellow (so opposite to me!) but didn't really allow myself to dwell on it since I wasn't mood swinging..finally. Anyway, I love Christmas and all it brings, but it's all just been blah. All of it. Not depressed just kinda, numb. Am I broken now?
Even storm clouds help the flowers grow~
Alison

by Mocha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Of course you're not broken....... :)

Do you think maybe your meds are making you feel 'blah'?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Alison » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Yeah, the meds are what I'm thinking...but is blah the normal compared to crazy? I don't want to be all over the spectrum, but is that being normal for bipolar?
Alison

by Mocha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:18 pm

How long have you been on your meds? Please excuse me for not remembering.....I've had a lot on my mind lately..... :)

And no the flat feeling doesn't have to be the 'normal'. Also maybe you've gotten so used to feeling up or down, it may take some getting used to. Especially if your used to the high end of things. Or it may just take some time to get used to your meds, yanno? That happens too. That happened a lot for me. It can depend on the med/meds.

Again, I'm having trouble with my memory.....are you in therapy now? If so, this would be great to discuss there, and you might want to bring it up with your pdoc too.

Hopefully some of our other members will have a different perspective...... :)

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:31 pm

I think of it like this:

depressed -- blah -- stable (normal) -- happy -- manic

I'm at happy now. I have to ask myself, is it euphoria? No. For one (very important) thing, my sleep is great. That's never the case during mania.

"Blah" might also be restless, mildly anxious, etc. The question to ask is, do I feel debilitated? discouraged? lacking energy?

But from how you describe it, i sounds like you're basically okay. :)
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:59 pm

hal wrote:I think of it like this:

depressed -- blah -- stable (normal) -- happy -- manic

Me too, but instead of blah, mine says meh. :lol:

No, it's definitely not the stable normal, but it's better than depressed or worse :?

I'm sorry your Christmas was blah
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Alison » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:34 pm

I'm in therapy 2x a week. I see my pdoc next week too. I'll chat with them about it. I like it's not high or low but I don't think I like this either. I feel like a jerk to want more.
Alison

by Mocha » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:28 pm

No way should you feel like a jerk to want more...... :)

Glad to hear you're in therapy....

Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Blues Cafe