Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

I'm manic

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by hal » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:05 pm

MochaAdmin wrote:Hal.....this may be a stupid question, but do you run your malware, spyware, antivirus, etc scans regularly? My malware/spyware runs automatically every day..........antivirus runs automatically every five days. Paranoid? Yes.......lol......

I have Malwarebytes, one of the best, though lesser known, and it runs every day. Also Windows Defender. This is controlled by Microsoft and it looks like you have no control over the settings. They do tell you when it's run, and that was last Wednesday. :?: :?:

I don't feel very manic. Sluggish thinking, easily confused. Also don't feel depressed. The shortest hypomania I've had was about two weeks, so this would be a short one if it is indeed coming to an end. But it usually takes a few days for me to decide that has really happened.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Jemane » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Glad things are settling Hal. Are you ok?
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Lisa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:41 am

Hey babes <3 I hope you all had an enjoyable holiday =]

Hal! The man that said I have insight to share =] You hang in there, guy <3 And consider the fact that you trigger by reading and watching that isht... cutting to the bone of it here, which is what I thought Billygoat used to do LOL My well wishes go out to him =]

I know that you dislike mania above of all of our issues, so I'm really feeling for you now <3 Tell your wife you love her, buy her flowers, cook her breakfast, she loves you. Don't you hit rock bottom, dude... I might be falling next LOL I'd like to have you around to give it to me straight XD I'm okay, just attempting to lighten our emotions =] lots of people care about you, Hal. We're here, just post and say you need some conversation to get you through. But keep that philosophical stuff to a minimum with me. My freshman philosophy prof convinced me God existed and then that He DIDN'T and I can't remember the argument to decide for myself now XD

I stay away from the news... I am of the opinion that BPs are on some kind of sensory overload because of the chemical imbalance and past humans with the same chemical imbalance were shamans or witches, or seers, or druids, who knows :/ Anyway, that's triggering you, as I said before. Stay away from it. Watch some comedy or listen to music. Music moves me, I went from November moody blues to mania. I'm listening to Aretha Franklin, as I did when my brother was killed. My Uncle was alive then and he helped pull me back then. I listened to Aretha each trip, and she helped pull me back.

Lots of love, dude. You know we're here for you, just let us know if you need us <3
Lisa

by hal » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks, Lisa.

Lisa wrote:But keep that philosophical stuff to a minimum with me. My freshman philosophy prof convinced me God existed and then that He DIDN'T and I can't remember the argument to decide for myself now XD
:lol: :lol: :lol: I showewd that "Who Am I" to my twin brother and asked him how he liked it. He said he didn't, and I said, "Budget analyst, eh?" That's what he did before he retired. Me, I minored in philosophy in college.

I'm doing okay, still a little manic. I know the signs very well. The most noticeable is that I'm talking more than usual. I also have more energy and interest in more things. Maybe it could be called high normal.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Is it coming down though? Mine seems to have gone up a slight notch today.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by hal » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:09 pm

AvantGarde wrote:Is it coming down though? Mine seems to have gone up a slight notch today.
It seems to have. Definitely not as intense. I did some frustrating work today** with no particular problems.

** Working with technical support... need I say more?
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Oh damn, technical support is always so helpful ;) Here, with tvs and internets, they're always useless, a guy always has to come over. There's a comedian here that once called technical support to do a skit and video'd it, it's hilarious. I would send it to you, but you don't know portuguese :lol:

Glad it's coming down, that's a relief.. I'm not enjoying mine, feel a little heart racing and hypochondria today. Thoughts are fast and jumbled, and I was reading what I wrote this last couple of days and I'm forgetting words and stuff. :? Really hope it doesn't evolve. I'm more than medicated for mania.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by hal » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:54 am

I usually wake up earlier than I want to (6:00 am would be fine), then shower, eat, and retire to the den to watch TV. Oftentimes I fall asleep on the recliner and sleep for an hour or so.

Today I got up at 4:30 and showered. Then I decided to go back to bed to see if I could sleep. I did! Woke up a 7:30. So that makes almost seven hours of sleep. Not bad for an old guy with mania. :D
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:16 pm

That's awesome, go you (:

What's for breakfast?
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by hal » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:37 pm

If you are asking seriously... :lol: I go in for cereal and fruit, sometimes yogurt, hardly ever bacon and eggs.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:21 pm

I was serious! But I realised after I posted that since it was time for *my* breakfast, yours must be well and truly over.

I have trouble eating breakfast, morning and food aren't really my thing. I don't mind an ccasional yoghurt though, and I love eggs (but light on the bacon) (:
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:26 pm

Pancake wrote:I have trouble eating breakfast, morning and food aren't really my thing.

Was reading yesterday about cyrcadian rhythms and morning hunger and apparently it's the least hunger driven part of the day. I'm not big on breakfast either.

AvantGarde

by hal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:37 am

Breakfast is my most regimented meal of the day. In the morning, I follow a clockwork, robotic routine through shower, dressing and breakfast.
-- Tennyson
hal

by hal » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:54 am

Still doubtful if I'm still manic. One thing I notice then is that I do routine things differently, and some of that is still happening. But not much more.

Sleep is good. That's the main thing pdoc and I get concerned about.

It started Dec. 4. Nine days is not very long for me. One thing I'll say about this episode, it hasn't been all that great for a hypomania. I want my money back! ;)
-- Tennyson
hal

by Spm24 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 am

You can have your thirty two cents is your rebate. You have to pay for what you have already used. You need to read the fine print before you ask for a full refund.

For any time used you will be charged the rate of ninety two cents a day. You will be charged a handling fee of fifty three cents. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you. Unfortunately it is the price of having the joy of hypomania!
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by hal » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 am

Hunh?
-- Tennyson
hal

by Spm24 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am

Just messing with you Hal... You said you wanted your money back...just ignore me when I am confusing...thought I was being funny but I wasn't :?
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by hal » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 am

Ah Shawn... thank you for giving me my money back :lol: .
-- Tennyson
hal

by hal » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:40 am

I guess it's more or less over. This was a relatively easy one: not too bad, not too good. One good poetic fragment of a measly six lines. Not like a year ago, when there were two or three really good ones, which came with very little effort.
-- Tennyson
hal

Previous

Return to Blues Cafe