Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

No sex

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by Alison » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:47 am

Okay, doc put me on a med. I'm still in the finding the right formula stage. Anyway it took away my ability to enjoy sex or orgasm. Fun right? Especially for the hubby. So, she took me off it and then things returned to normal in the bedroom. But it flipped my stability so then it had to be added back into my mix. This all seems to be working now yay but am I just screwed and not able to enjoy relations with my hubby? Anyone else have issues like this? Frustrated...
Even storm clouds help the flowers grow~
Alison

by Spm24 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:53 am

Some meds affect the bedroom. The meds that do that are different for each other.

I have been affected by this for months now. But my wife understands this is a side effect and nothing to do with her. So yeah your not alone in this aspect.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Alison » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:55 am

But will it stay like this forever? I'm young and it sucks.
Alison

by Duckysmom » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:00 am

I've been asking my pdoc the same question. He says stabiity first then we'll talk side effects.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:01 am

I can not say if it will stay that way for you. If it persists you need to research the drugs and consult with your pdoc and see about changing up your meds for a different one. I know it messed up your stability. But your the master of your future...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Alison » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 am

Yeah, stability is the best thing. It doesn't last long for me but it's nice when it all works out.
Alison

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:07 am

My libido recently returned to normal, not sure if it's due to meds finally stabilizing me or change in diet. Anyway, I eat a low carb diet now and my libido is excellent and I hadn't had any sexual pleasure in 3 years :?
Ready to jump the first guy or girl I see :lol: Jk, seriously not, but it would be nice, I miss it.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Jemane » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:21 pm

The SSRIs are commonly known for doing this- making everything ‘a bit numb down there’. Fortunately it’s not permanent and will resolve when you stop the meds.
I’m not even sure which med you’ve been on but I know about the SSRIs as I had a similar problem and did a bit of research.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Alison » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:44 pm

You know if I'm taking the stupid meds that cause me these problems the least they can do is work. Blah. Not feeling so hot.
Alison

Return to Blues Cafe