Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Get out of my own head

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by Alison » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Hey guys. Been thinking way too much today. Would love to hear about your day, a good joke, whatever you would like to post. I can't wait to see, and have something better to think about than all that's rattling around in my brain!!
Even storm clouds help the flowers grow~
Alison

by Pancake » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:32 pm

I just impulse-purchased a gorgeous hand dyed rainbow gradient sock yarn, as if I didn't already have more yarn than I can use in a lifetime :roll:

You can never have too many rainbows (:

My ginger cat went missing for 4 days, but came home yesterday. We think he survived a venemous snake bite (not the first time). I think he was just as happy to be home as we were to see him!
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Spm24 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:32 pm

It’s hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Jemane » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:33 pm

We are about to be hit by 3 months rain in 3 days. Hoping the roof of my 100 year old house survives! Flooding expected everywhere. We are all a bit nervous today. Everyone talking about it. Due to hit anytime soon apparently.
Hope thoughts of rain help to soften those busy thoughts in your head.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by hal » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Keats and Chapman were walking through the Jewish neighborhood of Dublin one day, when they met a mutual friend, Paddy O'Cohen. All stopped to have a little talk, which turned to the conditions in the Near East. O'Cohen delivered strong opinions on the need for security and expressed his strong support for the policies of the Israeli government. Keats and Chapman each offered slightly differing opinions, but all were on cordial terms, and O'Cohen went his way.After a moment, Keats commented on the great feeling of Israelity which O'Cohen had. But Chapman demurred: "What isreality?" he asked.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Duckysmom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:10 pm

My general practioner, who is also BP, often tells me, "Get out of your head. It's dangerous to go in there alone."
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Mocha » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:04 pm

Shawn, hal and Ducky........ :lol:

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Alison » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Thanks for the posts guys. Trying to fight off depression. I don't want this to happen. Not now. It's Christmas time. I need my energy. I have to be the light of my family. It has been such a hard couple of years. Why does this have to happen now?
Alison

by MochaAdmin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Alison, I'm sorry you're going through the darkness of depression. I've always had to deal with that more than mania and I know how much it sucks.

You seem to be putting a lot of pressure on yourself...re: being the 'light of the family'. Have you talked to tdoc or pdoc?

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Alison » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:12 pm

My husband is super insensitive so I feel like it's always up to me to keep the peace. Both of our children the past 2 years, have had stays in residential as well as partial and acute care facilities. I was so looking forward to this season being calm and happy and now it's me having issues. I'm so frustrated and disappointed. Had tdoc today and wasn't truly honest about it all. I'll see her again tomorrow. Pdoc on Thursday. I don't want to feel like this or be a zombie either
Alison

by MochaAdmin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Had tdoc today and wasn't truly honest about it all. I'll see her again tomorrow. Pdoc on Thursday.

You know what you have to do then, girl. Time to tell them everything that's going on...... you know the deal. They can't help you if they don't know.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Alison » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm

I know, you're right. I guess I'm embarrassed by not having it all together. Feel like all I have done is whine and complain.
Alison

by MochaAdmin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Alison wrote:I know, you're right. I guess I'm embarrassed by not having it all together. Feel like all I have done is whine and complain.

No need to be embarrassed......if I waited until I had it all together I'd be waiting a long time..... ;)
And I'm going to tell you what my tdoc tells me......you're not whining. You're going through a rough patch and that's what tdoc is there for.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

Return to Blues Cafe