Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

current episode:mania with psychotic features

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by shandi » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:41 am

exactly what i was saying. we basicly agreed to disagree
i told them they are ruining a year worth of hormonal treatment that made me feel harmony with my body and now they are tearing it apart knowingly. hormonal treatment can cause minor changes to a persons ability to be emotional or less emotional [as to the genders] but here they know this treatment is crucial for me to feel good with my body and tear it apart. my psychologist came over in the beggining of the week and i cried to her saying "i dont know how to go back to living with the feeling of discomfort with my body" yet they dont care what happens
as if every person who takes hormones of this kind suddenly becomes bipolar
i think a very difficult thing to do is accepting that i cant promise everyone that unwell behaviors would never occur again
shandi

by Pancake » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Shandi what are your rights and legal recourse in your country? It sounds like you have parents who are supportive, what about your regular pdoc, if the hospital are acting out of some misguided transphobic bullshit...? Is there a trans advocacy group that can help you?

I'm really sorry this is going so badly :(
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:29 am

Shandi, keep us posted on how you are and what's happening, okay?
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:39 am

Here's a LGBT organization, try to contact them for help.

http://awiderbridge.org/the-agudah/
email: aguda@lgbt.org.il
Telephone line: 03-620-5591
Whatsapp chat: 058-620-5591

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by shandi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:33 am

one of my best friend's bf is connected to lawyers and my mom intends to file a report/sue them
currently im at home had 2 mental breakdowns in the last 5 days
my rights as far as this goes to "the ability to write a 48hour notice that either forces them to discharge me in 48 hours or find a reason to keep me here involuntary.. they know the depth of the depression they are causing me so keeping me involuntary wont be a problem
i have to go back to the unit tomorrow as my weekend "vacation" ends
i think a very difficult thing to do is accepting that i cant promise everyone that unwell behaviors would never occur again
shandi

by Mocha » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:38 am

Shandi I'm so sorry about them taking the hormones....What the fuck are wrong with those people..... :evil: ....Are you still in hospital now? I just read your posts. This is bullshit. I have friends who've taken the same hormones so I can imagine some of what you're going through and I know how it must be affecting you emotionally/mentally/physically.

AG gave you a good link for your country........I know Israel has been very supportive of transgender folks for years. I don't understand what's going on with your situation. What did the psychologist say about it?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by shandi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:52 am

no currently im in "vacation" for the weekend at home because i lied to my doctor im no longer depressed.. same doctor who told my mom she will highly suggest i will never recieve these hormones. the doctors claim these hormones destabilise me but all they can do is make me more/less emotional
and say if they did make me unstable every person in the world who takes them would have been bipolar? this is at least the claim im gona go with my last hope with them

we are going to file a suit against them.. what they are doing is mental torture
shandi

by Mocha » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:59 am

Shandi, who's rx'ing the hormones for you?

And I can't remember just now......how often are you seeing your therapist?

I'm asking because my tdoc and pdoc work with transgender folks together, have no problems whatsoever with the hormone therapies either way. Just saying......

How old is this doctor at the hospital?

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Mocha
Site Admin

by shandi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:16 am

i have an endocrinologist whom i havent seen for almost a year now[been taking the hormones for almost a year] whom gave me permission for these hormones. since then my family doctor had given me the prescriptions for them
and before i got hospitalised i was seeing my therapist twice a week
i did say the doctors in the ER im in are all about 30-40+
shandi

by Mocha » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:32 am

Sorry about the age of docs, I overlooked it I think.

I've been looking around for some info/sites for you.

The following blog is written by someone who went through many of the things you've had to deal with in hospital.

What Being Institutionalized As A Trans Person Made Me Realize

Mocha
Site Admin

by Pancake » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:56 am

we are going to file a suit against them.. what they are doing is mental torture

Good, I hope somebody burns for it. Slowly.

Figuratively, because I'm not really violent.

Your mom sounds pretty awesome.
Pancake

by shandi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:39 am

thank you mocha i will read the blog.. tomorrow morning i have to go back to hell
shandi

by shandi » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:32 am

i used the lines from the blog on the doctors and they basicly flipped me off.. i spent a month inpatient having the doctors mentaly abuse me and for the last conversation stepping all over me and breaking my soul for the last time
i requested to be transfered to the acute unit knowing im probably gona be around more harsh environments.. spent a day and half there and i just got discharged with my hormones and a psychiatric treatment in the workings

me and my family are gona file a lawsuit on the doctors in the unit i was in for mental abuse and knowingly causing me mental damage
shandi

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Glad you're home, shandi. Hope you get some rest from all this now.

AvantGarde

by Mocha » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:49 pm

I'm glad you're home too. As you said, you need to figure out your treatment plan and I have no doubt you can do it.... :)

You also need to take care of yourself while you're at it. Maybe call that therapist of your's, set up an appt. You need to get back in a routine with all that. And maybe you need to get your hormone labs done if you haven't had them in while, yanno?

Mocha
Site Admin

by Pancake » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:06 am

Glad you are home Shandi. I hope your regular drs can take over from here... I'm sorry the hospital were so awful to you. It's not what anyone should expect, and good luck with the lawsuit. We will be quietly shaking invisible crazy-pompoms in support.
Pancake

Previous

Return to Blues Cafe