Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Daylight Saving Time SUCKS

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by farfromnormal » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:15 pm

ok first I pose a question to my fellow bipolar friends here in the US and any where else that happens to do DLS, does anyone else feel like a freaking basket case during these times? I get so depressed when we fall back and manic when we spring forward. my body does not like it and my aunt who's a psych NP says it's pretty common so what do you guys think?

Well anyway it's been a tough week with the onset of DLS time and I think it might be worse because I am readjusting to my meds because I was off them for a few months because I lost insurance and blah blah blah so i'm not at my normal 200 mg of lamictal, to help stabilize me. But it just sucks cause I celebrated my Bday last week turned 28. Then I decided to go to NYC and visit my friends. Well the first few days were great just hung out, but then Saturday night shit hit the fan.

So anyway we decided to go out to a bar together, this was after a day that he spent with his family, which did not go well, his brother is also BP but has had substance abuse problems with it. Well so before we hit the bar we talk about his family and stuff and i started getting irritated because he doesn't seem to grip the full effects of this diease. He was telling me how his brother wants to be a writter but his ideas are all over the place and it's very disjointed.

And I'm thinking to myself well that's kinda how our brains work differently than yours. Even my brain which is based on analytical thinking has times where there is just too much in there and if i wrote it all down it would be disjointed. But M is kind of a know it all, so i just go along with it, so fast forward to us at the bar. It is a saturday night in nyc at a gay bar....it's loud it's crowded and hot.

Well we got there and about 30 mins after getting there i just feel a switch flip, like it does sometimes, no warning, no rhyme or reason, but all i can think about is withdrawing from everyone and everything. Well M starts to notice it a bit and says something and I try and brush it off. We then start kind of dancing and am just trying to keep my calm and keep it together. And at this time i start getting defensive and pissy. Well he also was getting pissy complaining about how crowded it was and how people were bumping into him and i and just being a debbie downer.

So then we take a break from the dancing and we are standing next to this guy who i immediatly figure out he is deaf as he is facetiming and signing. Well Mr. know it all M. has no idea what he's doing and starts almost mocking the guy and I was like Ummmmm he's signing. He's deaf. I know because I took over a yr and a half of ASL. He was like Oh I thought he was just being dumb. (faceplam) at this point I'm done. I look at him and say let's get out of here. So i grab our stuff and of course we get out side and he starts questioning me with what's wrong? What happened? Did i upset you? Are you ok? Now as most of you can probably relate once I get to this point the last thing I want to do is play 20 questions.

And of course it starts to rain, he decideds to hail a cab. We get in and we start discussing my trip home he says my bus take 6 hrs. Well seeing as I have ridden this bus literally 40 times I know its usually between 4-5 hrs depending on stops and traffic and such. Well of course he has to be right and that's when i snapped back and was like "Dude I ride the bus, you don't I know what the hell I'm talking about." He just got quiet. So we get back to the apartment and he then starts in with the questions, now im really getting irritated, but we lay down and he puts an anime on the tv. He showers i change it to friends cause all i want is something familiar and comforting for myself.

Eventually we both fall asleep. I did not sleep well and wake up depressed and angry at the world. So we decide to do breakfast. Now I am clearly not my cheery self at this time and so then he decides to start poking me with the questions again. Finally I cave and am like listen my disorder does this on DSL time, and other times it is literally a switch that flips and I have no real control over it.

Doesn't he almost miss the entire point and just starts talking about how i might do better in europe or other places that don't observe the time change. I felt like i wasn't heard. So then he decideds he wants to go to nintendo world to get a new game system. My brain is still foggy but i go with him. Well that ate up about the last hour and half we had. We got back to the apartment so i could get my stuff and as he kisses me good bye he says "I wish we could have fooled around this morning" I had to bite my tounge so hard i thought it might bleed. LIKE DID YOU NOT HEAR ME AT ALL.so all I said was "sorry" and left.

Well then my trip home was horrible due to construction and such, we left late and then come to find out one of my best friends was T-boned by a tractor trailer and literally almost died. And I have a funeral this weekend for my cousin and his gf because they lost their baby 2 weeks ago, and I have to take graduate exams next week and I have no motivation to study for them what so ever due to this foggy brain. And the car Im using didn't pass inspection so I will be carless at the end of the month so I will have to rely on my mom and others to transport myself. So life is just going great right now.

I talked to my doc and they upped my lamictal because it has to be done slowly, but we went to the 150's starting tomorrow and follow up in a month, also contacted a therapist up here and they are trying to get me in ASAP. Thank goodness for that cause if not i may lose it.
"Cause some days I think I'm dying but I'm really only trying to get through for just another day.."- Next to Normal
farfromnormal

by AvantGarde » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Yes, DLS sucks big time. I'm still adjusting and mine was almost two weeks ago.

Btw.. that guy is an ass. Sorry to be blunt, but I just wanted to punch him. I don't really think it could be the DLS, more like a lightbulb moment of yours.
And he knows it all, but all of Europe does DLS except for Iceland and the British Virgin Islands.

Glad you're seeking a tdoc and raising your meds :)
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:47 pm

FFN.......you obvioulsy need to see a threapist. Big time. You've come back here over and over with the same type of problems with no improvement. And you always seem to be involved with the same type of men.......the wrong ones. I have no idea why you are drawn to these men.......that's something you to deal with in therapy big time. Or you will never grow. And you're only letting yourself be used by them. Disrespected by them. You deserved better.

You are moving in a dangerous lifestyle, an unhealthful life style........no good will come of it.

You should be focused on your education instead of the drama you've let your life become. You've always leaned toward the drama when you should reach out for therapy instead. You'll never become stable if you don't change your ways.

And you'll never find a healthy relationship, and that's a fact.

And one more thing.........we never let our member talk about their sexual lives in great detail on the board, and I'm afraid we can't let you do that either. It's inappropriate, no matter if's straight, lesbian, gay or transgendered........It triggers our other members. Thank you for understanding.

I hope you will considering the therapy......I think it will be of upmost importance to you, along with staying away from the people you've been hanging out with.

But of course you are going to do what you're doing to do.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Lisa » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:10 pm

farfromnormal, I hope your pdoc gets your meds right as soon as possible. Hang in there =]

I think you triple posted, Mocha or I'm experiencing something new XD
Lisa

by Mocha » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:43 am

Oops.....Thanks, Lisa.......AG pointed out the same thing........ :) I corrected it......

Good looking out to both of you.....

I also wanted to point out that I've known FFN for a very long time, and I think he understood why I said what I did......with love and caring.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Lisa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:55 am

I remember ffn from when I signed up here =] I kinda look at most of you as older sisters, with years of experience in your particular disorder. I don't even know who's male or female :/ And some of us are learning as we go along, always grateful that there's someone reading our thoughts and responding with empathy. Receiving responses with love is way harder to accomplish XD
Lisa

Return to Blues Cafe