Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Focus?

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by Alison » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:38 am

Has anyone experienced zoning out? Like I cannot make my eyes focus where I want n I get stuck staring at a random area. It's not blurry or anything, I just seem to not be able to control my eyes. Even writing this post or driving is hard. Like my eyes are being pulled away. It seems to be making me very sleepy, like maybe my eyes are tired from fighting with themselves. Wtf?
Even storm clouds help the flowers grow~
Alison

by Mocha » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:45 am

Alison, I have no idea if I do the same thing or not, but yeah I zone out too. Like I said it could be for different reasons. Hell I zone out sometimes during therapy sessions and during next session have to ask tdoc 'where were we last time?' He's used to it so no big deal. He keeps up with everything in his little book and doesn't seem to mind....... :)

And sure I zone out at other times too, especially when I have other things on my mind....really important things.

Kinda reminds me of smoking pot. But like I said I have no idea if this is what you mean.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Lisa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 am

I lose mental focus and just let my mind wander sometimes, I end up staring at nothing. But, not while driving and not while at work.

Do you think your loss of focus is from mania or ADHD?
Lisa

by Alison » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:28 am

We all zone out...yay. Lol. I don't feel manic, if anything I'm on the verge of depression.

Not sure about the ADHD. When I was first tested, they gave me a laundry list of diagnosis to include ADHD but not BP. Then antidepressants threw me manic and since then the diagnosis is BP, depression, anxiety, PTSD. Oh well. Who knows. I'm just zoning and wanna sleep forever. Maybe it will stop soon.
Even storm clouds help the flowers grow~
Alison

by Lisa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:28 am

Allison, you look at these labels just like I do! I've been trying to learn the differences though because our diagnoses change many times! They are all so related! Thank goodness we all didn't get Li LOL

It feels good when you find out that you're not all alone, doesn't it? =] I love that feeling as well!
Lisa

Return to Blues Cafe