Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Thailand (mis)adventure

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by Blake's Poisontree » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi. Like usual I dropped of the map again, but this time I was in Thailand and not hidden away in my room. Feeling a little down today, probably just a BP drop because I woke up feeling like this.

Met this woman online, lovely Chinese woman living in Thailand. Actually I've known her for years but it's only recently that a romantic relationship started forming. I needed to take leave and decided to go to Thailand to meet her and just have a nice holiday. First few days everything was just amazing but after day 4 things started to unravel, epic personality and culture clash. She went from sweet lotus blossom to dragon lady within a day. Everything I did and said was wrong, at one point I was just too scared to even say anything because she got real nasty. We both agreed that friendship is the best thing for us, that lasted 8 hours. Sitting at a night market having dinner she suddenly started freaking out, yelling insults at me in public and told me I have to pack my bags and get out of her apartment. I did something that is normal for us in the west but not for Chinese, of course this was not intentional. As I was sitting there trying to calm her down and ignore all the stares we were getting, I am thinking "Fucking Run!". Never in my life has anyone been that cruel to me, I don't even want to think of all the things she said to me in anger.

I had 3 weeks of my holiday left so I booked a plane ticket and went up north, had a pretty good time by myself. Did my best to forget what happened so that I don't fall into deep depression, some days it worked other days I just went drinking (not something I ever do, but what the hell, it worked). But I would have loved to spend this holiday with someone and not on my own again. Now I am back home, Sunday morning, by myself again. I know this is not the end of the world, that things will get better. But today it is difficult for me to believe this. Every relationship I've had in the last 5 years turned into a clusterfuck. Silly thing to think but some days I wonder if I was a little bit more of an asshole then I wouldn't get hurt so much, of course that is just not my personality, I am too nice
I don't have a God complex, God is not this complex.
Blake's Poisontree

by AvantGarde » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:23 pm

Holy fuck :shock:

Well, glad you're safe back home.

My relationships are a big clusterfuck as well, so I'm with you in spirit :)
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Lovehope » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:28 pm

I have a friend who went to England to meet up with his old friend. No romantic relationship just a friend. She went bonkers on him because she was using drugs and he ended up spending 3 weeks alone in a foreign country. He looks back at it now and says he's glad he got that time, it helped him grow. Shows strong character to be able to be alone in a foreign country
Lovehope

by Lisa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:59 pm

What a goatfk... been there, done that :/

Glad to know you made it back home =] It may take you a bit to get over it, find other things to do besides chat with her, but you can move forward, just take it one day at a time.
Lisa

by hal » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:11 pm

What an awful story, Blake. I'm glad you had an OK time the rest of your trip and that you're home safe. :D
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

Return to Blues Cafe