Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Can't do it (SH-SI)

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by Steponme » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:12 pm

I haven't showed up for any of my classes for two weeks. I just can't get out of bed. I started cutting myself again to find some relief from my depression. School has caused so much stress and has my moods going everywhere.

Is there anyone who has managed their moods and made it through college?

My church has an online schooling option that I'm considering. It would be much more flexible for me and I think it would be much more manageable.

Also really suicidal. Just not doing good overall.
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by Spm24 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:25 pm

I'm so sorry your having this tough of a time. I know where you are coming from with the SH. I did that in the past. You do know when it gets that bad there is always the 800 number to call...

There have been members who made it through college. Not sure if any are around now.

If you can find something that is more manageable for you it's something to think about..

Have you called your pdoc and explained the situation to them? Has she upped your meds? Have you tried your tdoc?
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Steponme » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Sorry I forgot to put a trigger warning. My psychiatrist said she would up my medication, but she hasn't done it yet. I emailed her this morning and haven't gotten a reply yet.
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by Spm24 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:17 pm

No need to worry about the trigger warning. You have enough on your plate now. Plus that's what we are here for.

The waiting game is hard especially when your down.. Hopefully it comes soon for you...

We are here for you..
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Lovehope » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 pm

I made it through college. It took me 6 years to graduate but i did it. I used disability services, took a semester off when needed and went part time when needed. I did college and my pace when I could handle it.

Concentrate on you first and ask for help with your academics from professors and disability services. Don't be afraid to take a break if you need it
Lovehope

by Mocha » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Hey, Step....I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time atm. It must be so overwhelming for you.

I hope you'll hear from your pdoc soon. I can't remember.....are you seeing a tdoc now?

I know several of our current and past members have made it through university/college. Hopefully they'll be along to share their experiences.

Have you checked into disability accomondations at school as LH mentioned?

And maybe you could check into the online courses......something to think about.

Whatever you decide, you need to take care of yourself first.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~

Proud to be a Member of the Resistance.
Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Blues Cafe