Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

So drained ... so tired

Have a case of the blues? Sad? Or in that dark place we all know far too well? Well, pull up a chair, order a cup of your favorite brew and tell us all about it. We're ready to listen, and offer our support and understanding.

by Stuckles » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:17 am

I thought I was prepared for this ... I thought I'd just carry on carrying on like I always do whenever summer rolls around but for some reason, the pain flairs has hit me hard this year.

It's only the very very beginning of summer and the first of many pain flairs to come yet I am already flat out of energy. It hurts to lie down so even when I'm tired enough, even when I feel like I can beat the insomnia boogie man, I just can't. I feel like I'm on the brink of bursting out in tears which is so out of character for me.

I had convinced myself I was going to get into swimming this summer ... now I'm not so sure. I don't have the energy and I have no idea how my body is going to react to it.

Why can't we just tell our brains, "Look, I know your telling me something is wrong but I know this already for goodness sakes! Now just bugger off with your annoying pain signals!"
Stuckles

by Spm24 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am

Very true. To bad we can't tell our brains that. It would make things so much easier.

Sorry to hear the pain is already contributing to summer misery... Maybe it is just hitting you now and will let up...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Stuckles » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:26 am

I hope so Spm, thanks
Stuckles

by AvantGarde » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 am

Sorry Stuckles :( I agree with Shawn, it might not last the whole summer. Rooting for you!

Hug
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Stuckles » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks AG * HUG *
Stuckles

by Pancake » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am

I'm sorry for your pain, that sucks :(

Swimming is good though, low impact and cooling.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Stuckles » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:52 am

Thanks Pancake,

True, especially since even just walking around the block is not a possibility for me let alone running or cycling.
Stuckles

by Mocha » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 am

Hopefully if nothing else, just getting in the pool will get you some relief. Do you have anything for the pain?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:39 am

Your pain any better today?
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Stuckles » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:19 am

Mocha wrote:Hopefully if nothing else, just getting in the pool will get you some relief. Do you have anything for the pain?

The most I can take is anti-inflammatories, currently Naproxen with a proton pump inhibitor. Normal over the counter pain medication has no affect. I used to take opiod based pain medication which worked wonders but sadly I had to give it up as it started suppressing my breathing which caused a whole new crisis on it's own.

The anti-inflammatories helps to an extent but a lot of the pain and discomfort remains. I'm working up the courage to go to our local pool. Hopefully when the pain eases off a bit and I have more energy I can persuade myself to get off my keester and face my fears :P
Stuckles

by Stuckles » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 am

Spm24 wrote:Your pain any better today?

It's still abouts the same :? Thanks for asking though :)
Stuckles

by AvantGarde » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 am

Stupid pain :evil:
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Stuckles » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 am

Haha, you got that right AG :lol:
Stuckles

Return to Blues Cafe