Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

wow ..I logged on

Welcome to Bipolar Support.Org!
Please make yourself at home!

by Mocha » Sat May 07, 2016 12:08 am

Judy, how's it going? We haven't heard from yo in a while so I thought I would check in.
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by jdel9311 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:31 pm

This will be my last post on this website. Last time I was told that I was too negative and should be a "cheerleader" for other posters. Well I need to express my feelings and unfortuneitly and they are sometimes negative. Hey guys I'my bipolar and this site has been very unfriendly to me.

Chao
jdel9311

by Pancake » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Uhm. Neither what I said, or meant. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear and it was construed that way. Happy to talk if you would like some clarification.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Mocha » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:41 am

jdel9311 wrote:This will be my last post on this website. Last time I was told that I was too negative and should be a "cheerleader" for other posters. Well I need to express my feelings and unfortuneitly and they are sometimes negative. Hey guys I'my bipolar and this site has been very unfriendly to me.

jdel, I read Pan's post to you and that's not at all what she said. I have it right here.

Pancake wrote:ust as a support group, for the most part if you reply on a thread someone else has started, we're going to assume you are giving them some support, sharing your experience, giving the equivalent of an internet hug, rather than looking for support yourself.

Is that what you mean?

If you look through the forums you should see a heading called 'Announcements and site news', and below that, a line/folder that says 'New to out forums'. If you click that, there will be an option to post a new topic.

You can name your topic, introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you, I'm sure you will get lots more replies (:

So to make it more clear, Pan was simply saying that when you reply on other folks thread, we're assuming the posts aren't about you, but instead you're offering support to the OP. So that's maybe why folks aren't replying to your posts in particular.

If you want the threads/posts to be about you because you're reaching out for support or have questions/want to start a new topic, you should start a thread of your own. That way you will get replies from our other members pertaining to your own concerns.

No one was saying/has said you shouldn't be too "negative" or should be a "cheerleader" for other members. No where has that happened since you first posted on the site. I went back and read all your posts and replies to make sure.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I did want to clear the air. I do hope you will reach out and maybe start new/topics/threads of your own to get the support you need for yourself.

We would be more than happy to help you if you're having problems with this.
---------------------------------------------------------------

*Now back to Judy's thread*

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

Previous

Return to New to Our Forums?