Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

New Here

Welcome to Bipolar Support.Org!
Please make yourself at home!

by Sugarplum » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:05 pm

H,
I dont know what to do to stop being isolated from world.

I was dx BP after 16 years of being treated for depression. I was very angry to find that nothing would cure me. Now I have messed ip most of my relationships, jobs.... I used alcohol and antidepressants being manic most of my life since 18.
I only have 2 friends that dont spend time w me, one of them is BP.
I am alone and act weird without control...even at work. First job I have for over a year in 25 years and Im begining to get in everyone's nerve.....

Npt even my daughter wants to ne around me w regrets of how mean I have been w her. Shes 20
Sugarplum

by hal » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Welcome to our community, Sugarplum. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I know how it feels to be misdiagnosed for a long time. What meds are you taking now?
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Spm24 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Sugarplum,

Welcome to the forum. You will find many caring and compassionate people here. You will find a supportive group here who offer our stories and listen to yours.

Are you seeing a pdoc? A tdoc?

Sorry your not feeling the greatest right now for you.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Pancake » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi sugarplum.
Your dr is right, nothing will 'cure' bipolar, but it's not hopeless. Medication and therapy can make things much, much better.

Plenty of us here were misdiagnosed for a long time :evil: I rode the antidepressant rollercoaster for ages with an overconfident GP.

As asked above, do you see a psychiatrist, therapist? What meds are you taking? Were you recently diagnosed?
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:09 pm

Welcome :)
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Stuckles » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:13 am

Hi Sugarplum, welcome :)
Stuckles

by Sugarplum » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 am

Hi

Ty for your words

Ihave been seeing pjsych for 20 years. Now same one for about 5 years. Take lamictal 400 day, just raised from 300 bit stopped traxadone 50 mg cuz got me manic ao switched to lorazepan .5 mh to sleep. Tp save $ i got 1mg and take have but i ended up taking 1 mg and sont sleep as well. Also being lonely and not going out cuz i have literally no friends makes me more depressed. Work 2 jobs teacher, which it lifts me up and surveys gretful but spend too much working alone. Responsible for all bill and not managimg monwy well makes me wvwn more down. I try excel....nothing..im not comstant. Im overwhelmed and soon my 18 yols will be leaving and i am terrified cuz jes d only happiness in my life
Sugarplum

by Spm24 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:13 pm

It is good that you have been seeing the same pdoc for so many years. It build up a trusting relationship. Many of us are in the same boat as your in with friends, many have a few to none. You just have to do your best. If you have a tdoc/therapist they should be able to give you ideas and help to overcome that situation. Hang in there...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Duckysmom » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:27 pm

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it. I was misdiagnosed for 30 years, so I understand the frustration. For me, being properly dxd was a relief. But it took time, patience a pdoc and tdoc to get stable and on the right meds.

I hope things start to improve for you. No, you cannot be cured, but the illness can be managed.

Do you see a tdoc?
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

Return to New to Our Forums?