Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Recently diagnosed

Welcome to Bipolar Support.Org!
Please make yourself at home!

by markt3785 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:51 am

Hi....
This is my first post to any type of forum and it ends up being on a Bipolar website, not my idea of fun. Anyway, I was recently diagnosed Bipolar. My mania, so to speak, is more racing thoughts and obsessive thinking. I don't get the highs or euphoria, if I do they are short lived. I cycle many times during the day with a major component of depression and extreme anxiety. Not looking for an answer, just putting it out there.
Thanks for reading,
Mark
markt3785

by MochaAdmin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:01 am

Hi and welcome, Markt...... :)

We're glad you decided to post on BPS.........we're a pretty good place to find support, especially if you've recently been dx'd. And btw........we do have a pretty good sense of humour around here.....it's not all doom and gloom...... ;)

Sounds like you're rapid cycling......and we all know how awful that can be.

Are you on meds now?......Seeing a therapist (tdoc)?

Please make yourself at home.....

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:04 am

Welcome :) Like Mocha said, we do have fun around here!
BP can make us sad, but we also distract each other from the sadness. Glad you joined :)

Make yourself at home. (might want to check out Lounge or Accomplishments or On the Lighter side :) )
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:15 am

Welcome, Mark.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by libellula » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:42 am

Welcome!
libellula

by Spm24 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:45 am

markt3785,

Welcome to the forum. You will find a wide variety of people here...

Watch out for AG she is notorious for hijacking threads and going off on a tangent in many directions :lol:

There are many threads to sift through. Some on the serious side of things others on the lighter side.. There is humor and sadness here. We try to have a good mix of things....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by hal » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:02 am

Hi Mark, and welcome.

This is a safe place where you can say anything personal and receive support and understanding. (We're not keen about people mouthing off about e.g. politics or religion, and we're firmly pro-meds and pro-therapy and don't want to argue about it). That said, I can understand your hesitation. BP is painful and you may think too personal to talk about. But do stay around, for a while at least, to see if this place works out for you.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:19 am

I am indeed notorious for hijacking threads or what I prefer to call: having a proper conversation. Lol idk, sleepy all day today
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by markt3785 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:35 am

Hey Y'all,
Thank you for the kind words.
I am currently weaning off Divalproex and moving to Lithium. I also take Abilify for depression; Propranolol and Lorazepam for my anxiety.
I am a 54 year old man that has always found a way to make it in life; however, this diagnosis has got me perplexed.
I have been out of work for over a year and I see a SSDI doctor for a consultative exam in early Sept. That appt has my anxiety and racing thoughts off the chain.
My inability to quell my thought life has me racked with fear, doubt and constant worry.
The VA has been wonderful to me these past 5 months, if it wasn't for them I would have gone on not knowing my true issue!!
Thanks for reading.
I pray y'all are well,
Mark
markt3785

Return to New to Our Forums?