Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Stuckles

Welcome to Bipolar Support.Org!
Please make yourself at home!

by Stuckles » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi,

I'm here looking to add some meaningful activity to my life, even if it is just to talk with others who knows what it feels like to live with a mind that is constantly at odds with itself.

I was diagnosed with type II Bipolar along with a connective tissue disorder in my twenties. Having the two conditions combined, adds yet another see-saw to the equation. When the one is in check, the other is off on it's own tangent.

I am somewhat stuck in a rut with no real purpose or destination in mind. Where it leads I don't know. It's not always a pleasant place to be but what I do know is that I can maintain status quo this way, hence the name 'Stuckles' ... the term you use in a online game when your lagging so badly your character is stuck running in the same spot.
Stuckles

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Stuckles,

Welcome to the forum. You will find many caring and compassionate here. Share what you like, when your ready to. You should fit in very well here. Many members have other ailments besides BP. So they can understand some of what you might be going through.

Being in a rut can feel so emotionally draining. You have a good attitude to deal with everything that is going on in your life..
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Stuckles » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi Spm24, thanks for the welcome :)

On the one hand, the rut is a 'safe place'. On the other hand, it's a unfulfilled and at times lonely place, if that makes sense :D
Stuckles

by MochaAdmin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Welcome, Stuckles...... :)

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:59 pm

It makes a lot of sense. The feeling of safety but the desire to move out of the safe areas. The desire to change things but the fear to do so.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Stuckles » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:06 pm

MochaAdmin wrote:Welcome, Stuckles...... :)

Thanks MochaAdmin :)

Spm24 wrote:It makes a lot of sense. The feeling of safety but the desire to move out of the safe areas. The desire to change things but the fear to do so.

My biggest fear being the tricks that the BP mind plays on a person. The BP mind is powerfully creative and imaginative and can set you up for disappointment as you can never truly realize what it shows you. When I start getting excited about something, I know it's time for a reality check :lol:
Stuckles

by Duckysmom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Welcome, Stuckles. I hope you make yourself at home here.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Pancake » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Welcome Stuckles (:

When I start getting excited about something, I know it's time for a reality check :lol:

Right? :roll:
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by hal » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi Stuckles, and welcome. You have a wry sense of humor. 8-)
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Jemane » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Welcome stuckles.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Welcome :D
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by MochaAdmin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:44 am

Stuckles wrote:
MochaAdmin wrote:Welcome, Stuckles...... :)

Thanks MochaAdmin :)

YW.....but please just call me Mocha....... :) We've been been having tech difficulties with my account. Hopefully they'll be resolved soon.

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Stuckles » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:09 am

Thanks for all the welcomes :) I just love reading everyone's signatures, so many grains of truth ;)
Stuckles

by AvantGarde » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:18 am

You can call me AG btw, so can everyone else who reads this and still hasn't done so. It's my real name and all :D

No it's not, but we can pretend.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

Return to New to Our Forums?