Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Northwest Indiana Hello!

Welcome to Bipolar Support.Org!
Please make yourself at home!

by Eric1961 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi BPS! I'm Eric. I was diagnosed with type II bipolar disorder about three years ago. As I learn about bipolar, I've realized I've exhibited systems as far back as fifteen years ago. I realized 'something was wrong,' and pursued it with a variety of therapists, but none diagnosed me with anything other than 'reckless' and depressed.

I'm looking for support and perhaps an accountability partner.
Eric1961

by AvantGarde » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 pm

Hello Eric, welcome :D

Glad you decided to join us. Hope you like it here!

I have a history of misdiagnosis, had Borderline PD, Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective.. No longer bothers me though, it's difficult to diagnose, we don't all fit in nice little boxes, and we don't deviate that much from the norm :)

The usual questions.. I suppose you're in therapy? Do you take meds?

Don't hold it against us if you can't find an accountability partner, we usually just go in a group and help out when each of us needs it. Not everyone can help in certain areas and it can be a big responsibility for just one person.

But help you'll get it here for sure.

Welcome again!
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Jemane » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:57 pm

Welcome!
I was misdiagnosed with depression for a couple of years before my diagnosis, but 15 years is a long time!
I'm sure you'll find this a very supportive forum.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Pancake » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:32 am

Hi Eric (:
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Duckysmom » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 am

Welcome, Eric.

I was misdiagnosed until I was 43. Had symptoms since I was 12. Hospitalized at 15. Many frustrating years. I can relate.

Are you on meds? Have a current therapist?
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:14 am

Eric,

Welcome to the forum. You will find many caring and compassionate people. Feel free to open up as much as you want to.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by hal » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:36 am

Hi Eric, and welcome to our community. It's very common for people with bipolar to be misdiagnosed. If it's depression, SSRIs are usually prescribed, but this can kick us into mania. Even still, the mania might not be recognized as such: who complains to the pdoc about euphoria?! (If that's the kind of mania you have; for some people, mania much darker and more difficult.)
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Mocha » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi Eric and welcome...... :)

As the others have said......many of us were ms'dx for years. I wasn't correctly dx'd until I was 40 after a lifetime of seeing pdocs and tdocs. It was great to finally have the right dx.

Our forums are great and our members are very supportive and understanding. Please make yourself at home...... :)

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

Return to New to Our Forums?