Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Life alone

Welcome to Bipolar Support.Org!
Please make yourself at home!

by About » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 pm

I don't know if i am in the right place but i live alone and and wish for and feel i need people to talk to. I have been diagnosed as bi polar since back when it was manic depression. Im not new to bipolar but it seems as if I'm having more trouble coping as i get older
About

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm

About,

Welcome to the forum. You will find many caring and compassionate people here.

You are in the right place. We all need someone to talk to no matter how we are feeling. So if we can help you with that we are here for you.

There are some members here who have been diagnosed or misdiagnosed for years. So don't feel alone we are here to help any way we can
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Lovehope » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Welcome to the forum. You are in the right place. This illness can be so lonely.

I may not always respond to things and I disappear for a few months here and there but when I'm on the forum I always read people's posts. Just don't always know what to say. So know you're being heard
Lovehope

by hal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:07 pm

Oh yes, I remember the diagnosis of manic depression, that was what I got. At work in the late 80s I had to account for my behavior and used the term "bipolar disorder" instead of manic-depression. The term had been introduced a few years earlier and hadn't yet become common, so the person didn't really understand. :roll:

Here you can read an interesting account of how and why this came about: "Why Did Manic Depression Become Bipolar Disorder?" https://www.verywell.com/why-did-manic-depression-become-bipolar-disorder-379822

Oh, once again, About: Welcome!
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Welcome, About (:
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Welcome :) There's usually always someone around, even at odd hours (aussies and me when I'm not working :D Edit: And Mocha, because sleep hours are not a socially accepted rule for her )
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:01 am

About wrote:I don't know if i am in the right place but i live alone and and wish for and feel i need people to talk to. I have been diagnosed as bi polar since back when it was manic depression. Im not new to bipolar but it seems as if I'm having more trouble coping as i get older

About, as the others said, you're def in the right place if you're looking for others with bp to 'talk' to.
It must be hard if you don't have any support in RL. Many of us have been in the same situation. And many of us have been dx'd for years just like you. Like hal, I'm also old enough to remember when they called it manic depression. I like bipolar so much better...... :)

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Jemane » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:05 am

Welcome, about. Hope you stick around.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by About » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Thank you everyone, i sometimes forget to take my meds at lunch or in the evening. Today the doctor gave me the same meds in a time release form so i can take them all in the morning. I also forgot i joined and posted on this forum. I feel like this forum and the new meds might help things
About

by About » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Except memory . I've got to figure that out
About

by hal » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:12 pm

About wrote: I feel like this forum and the new meds might help things
Hope they do. :)
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Maybe put up a note in front of your computer :) It would be good for you, some conversations about BP so you don't ffeel so alone.

You can also browse around the forum, bring back old threads, etc
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by About » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:14 pm

I am a little hesitant about inserting myself into an existing community. I am especially cautious about offering any advice. But of course I have sought out this group during some difficult times in my life. Perhaps these times will pass and i will feel differently.For now i will tread lightly and learn.
About

by Jemane » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Last year I started posting here not knowing anything about the site or anyone. I was feeling pretty desperate at the time and everyone has been so warm and supportive.
I sometimes worry that I say stupid things or put my foot in it but no ones ever judged me here.
Feel free to just read and learn things from the posts, but please know you are very welcome here.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Spm24 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Whenever your ready to participate more is ok. We never hurry anyone. You will notice that there are quite a few new people here who like you. We are pleased to have you in the community. Never feel obligated to hop in and do anything more than your comfortable doing.

Ask, learn, even if you just come here and read posts feel free to do so until your ready to give advice...

What I am saying work at the speed your ready to work at here...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by About » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Thank you. Friends are not just what i want, but what i want to be.
About

by hal » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:00 pm

About wrote:Thank you. Friends are not just what i want, but what i want to be.
I can't think of a better attitude. :D
-- Tennyson
hal

Return to New to Our Forums?