Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

I'm new here and would like to introduce myself.

Welcome to Bipolar Support.Org!
Please make yourself at home!

by ManicTrace » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:52 am

I am new to this forum but not new to support groups. I have been a part of several. I keep in touch with some of the people. I'm still in one group but we have about 3 members at this point. I guess sometimes I could use more support so I'm looking for a larger group.

I am 40 years old. My first hospitalization was at the age of 13. My last hospitalization was in February of this year. I wasn't properly diagnosed until I was 31 years old. That is something that I have a lot of anger about. I went untreated for years that were unnecessary. All of the symptoms were there. I feel I was dismissed as being dramatic or some other reason like that.

I have two sons. I've been married for 20 years. I am pretty good at managing my illness but sometimes lately I feel quite hopeless. Any elevated level of stress, wether it's good like a vacation or negative like a financial problem and I am sent into an episode. They're not all equal. Some episodes are manageable and others like the one that landed me in the hospital in February are pretty scary. I need support. I'm here because I don't feel a person can have too many resources.

I am on medication. I also go to a therapist. I ask for help when I need it. Sometimes I don't get it. I visit my on line support groups. I tried a local DBSA group but felt out of place. Everyone there was over 65. I just had different day to day hurdles and couldn't relate. It was a shame because sometimes leaving the house to socialize is really hard for me. I have a ton of issues related to anxiety.

I am on disability. I cannot go back to work. I'm starting to make peace with that. It has been very tough on my self-esteem at times. I have a lot of stress at home. My sons are both on the autism spectrum. It's very difficult with both of them but particularly my adult son. My husband has a dangerous job. Sometimes I worry when he's at work.

Other than that, I used to love music but lately I listen to the same old stuff. I used to love movies but lately the same thing. My husband and I watch and listen to things at home that we have over and over. It's like we're comforting ourselves that way. It's been a hard couple of years. I like to cook most of the time. I like to travel. I missed out on a lot of things earlier in life and I want to see more.

Other than that, I have 2 dachshunds and a cat. I'm adopted. My two brothers are also adopted and before you ask, we all have different sets of biological parents. My adopted parents divorced when I was young. I don't have a good relationship with either of them. I have a lot of close friends and very few acquaintances. I'm not religious. I play Pokémon GO with my family. I love to sing. I love board games.

That's a pretty full intro.
Nice to meet you all.
ManicTrace

by Spm24 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:00 am

ManicTrace,

Welcome to this for. It is nice that you have experience with other groups. As you have or will see we have many caring and compassionate people here. Make yourself comfortable...

Thank you for sharing about yourself. I am sure you will fit in just fine.

It seems to be a reoccurring theme among us who suffer from this disorder that we were misdiagnosed with something else in the beginning...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Hey ManicTrace, welcome :) I think you'll fit in quite well, like Shawn said there's a lot of compassion and support here.

Good intro, and cool that you play Pokemon Go with your family, I hear it's great for kids in the autism spectrum, maybe even for adults.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Welcome, ManicTrace. Awesome intro telling us about yourself. And very brave to open up to a bunch of strangers. We won't be strangers long. Stick around. You'll fit right in. Lots of support here, as the others said.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by hal » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Yes, yours was indeed a clear and straightforward, and interesting, intro. Thank you ManicTrace. Welcome to our community!
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Lovehope » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello and welcome. I pop in here every few months it seems when I'm running into a rough patch so you might not see me around that often lol.

I understand what you're saying about all types of stress throwing you into an episode. Same with me. We just bought a house (good stress) and it's throwing me into depression. My therapist and I are working on me dealing with stress better

Anyway, welcome!
Lovehope

by admlido » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 pm

I'm having problems trying to navigate to the site I need help can somebody help me? I have bipolar for the last 15 years Robert
admlido

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi Robert, I can help.

I deleted your phone number, don't give out personal information as your address, phone number or other too personal information on the internet, it's dangerous since this a public forum.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by ManicTrace » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:20 am

Thank you all for the welcome. I am sorry I disappeared. New habits are sometimes hard to break into and I nearly forgot I registered until I needed this again. As I get to know you I know I will be pretty regular. I tend to care about other people and I like to check in on everyone as well as ask for support for myself. I hope that you understand.
ManicTrace

by hal » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:35 am

Sure we do, Trace, and I look forward to getting to know you better!
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Spm24 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:41 am

As you said new habits are hard to introduce them into an already set schedule of things. We understand. Look forward to getting to know you more...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

Return to New to Our Forums?