Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

New School New Doc

Heard Something Funny??

by farfromnormal » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:33 pm

So back into school and loving it so far, and I totally am trying to stay on track with meds and docs. So yesterday went to the counseling center to sign up, they have got a rule that you have to see a counselor at least 3 times before they will consider letting you see the psychiatrist .Well I went in and was just normal old me answered the questions, we all know them. So then the guy looks at me and was like "Ok so let's schedule the appointment with the PDoc because you already know what you need. So yeah we're going to set up that appointment."

HAHAHA love when the doctors just look at you and are like "HMMMMM, this guy is crazy let's not tick him off and let's get him to the doc like ASAP."

It was just like hmmm how crazy does this guy really think that I am, please don't let him think that I am about to go off the walls, cooco for coaco puffs, flipping my lid crazy..I mean I know I've got issues but jeeze do I really come across that loopdy loop crazy. What do you guys think?
"Cause some days I think I'm dying but I'm really only trying to get through for just another day.."- Next to Normal
farfromnormal

by SlyPixie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Well, not really. I'm thinking that rule is more for people who don't have experience with it, or who need therapy but maybe not meds, ya know?
Not all who wander are lost.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that it's not there.
SlyPixie

by Spm24 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:46 pm

farfromnormal,
Good to hear you like classes.
No I doubt they think your cocoo for cocoa puffs. My guess is that they asked questions and you gave them the responses that show them you need to see a pdoc. As you said we all know the questions. So no surprise there really.
I am sure they have some who come in to just find a way out of doing somethings. (Might be wrong about this since I never went beyond high school)
So me I would not worry about that more then normal everyday worry.
That's my opinion
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Pancake » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:49 pm

I reckon it might just be an acknowledgement that your insight is good and 'seeing the counsellor 3 times' would just be wasting the time of an intelligent, pro-active student :-)
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by hal » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:36 pm

I agree with Pan. To me, the guy is doing his job well. It's like triage: (1) Who's dead? (2) Who can wait? (3) Who needs help right now? That would be you, far. Go fer it.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Yep, I also agree with Pan. They make that rule so they can assess the person's mental state, when it's an already diagnosed and medicated person there isn't that need. I wouldn't worry about being coocoo :D I know you're far from normal, but you sound pretty normal to me. But maybe I have my glasses upside down ... Oh well, don't worry :D
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

Return to On The Lighter Side