Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

My first Psychiatrist (Pdoc)

Heard Something Funny??

by konagirl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:16 pm

So, here's my first comical story I'd like to share. After coming out of the psychiatric ward I was assigned a Pdoc off the bat, no questions asked. Coming out of my psychotic state, I continued to see her for about 3-4 years. In all actuality I've come to realize she was a little loopy herself. Since finding new Pdocs and finally taking the control in my hands to choose who I see, and I am now free from her antics...

She would always fall asleep at my appointments and I've heard of others that have seen her that said she did the same thing to them. Wow, thanks a lot... That's not the worse though. The one thing that finally pushed me to say goodbye and find someone new is when I went in one casual day, sat down, and started talking. I forget what I had just said but she interrupted me to ask if I was pregnant. What the heck?! I know I didn't look it so I'm not sure where she got that notion. Then I told her, "No way, I don't even have a boyfriend, and I've never even had sex in my life." She proceeded to say, "So...neither did the Virgin Mary?" Was this a test? How do I answer correctly? Is she trying to make me go crazy again?...Needless to say, that was my last appointment. I still wonder what in the world she was thinking?! :lol:
:(:
konagirl

by Mocha » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:29 pm

konagirl wrote:
She would always fall asleep at my appointments and I've heard of others that have seen her that said she did the same thing to them. Wow, thanks a lot... That's not the worse though. The one thing that finally pushed me to say goodbye and find someone new is when I went in one casual day, sat down, and started talking. I forget what I had just said but she interrupted me to ask if I was pregnant. What the heck?! I know I didn't look it so I'm not sure where she got that notion. Then I told her, "No way, I don't even have a boyfriend, and I've never even had sex in my life." She proceeded to say, "So...neither did the Virgin Mary?" Was this a test? How do I answer correctly? Is she trying to make me go crazy again?...Needless to say, that was my last appointment. I still wonder what in the world she was thinking?! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great story, konagirl.....she was trippin, that's for sure.....lol...

About the sleeping in session part......I've had that happen to me too.

Years ago I was seeing a really good neurophyschiatrist who did my therapy too....and I was paying him $250/hr. He had been awesome for two years, but then he started dozing off during the sessions.....wtf?

After a few times of that I had had enough. We always sat across from each other so the next time he dozed off I kicked his foot, woke him up and told him obviously I was keeping him up. I walked out and never went back....:lol...

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by konagirl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Hah! :lol: Great idea to give him a little kick Mocha! Wish I'd thought of that. :lol:
konagirl

by BillyGoat » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:02 am

I, too, saw my first regular pdoc straight after my first psych ward stay, about 25 years ago.

He was considered "hip and groovy" and therefore a good fit for me, as a 20yo smart-ass who didn't do too well with the more establishment types in the hospital.

I only saw him four or five times, as I thought he was a dick, and then forgot about him, until he popped up in the news about ten years back:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/doctor ... 1117053660

Made me feel good about my instincts.
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by konagirl » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:13 am

Made me feel good about my instincts.

No kidding! A gun & an inappropriate relationship with a patient. Hard to trust the people we're supposed to trust. What a shame. :roll:
konagirl

by Mocha » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:30 pm

tried to take a Ruger into a courtroom on sexual misconduct charges....oh that's a good one..... :lol: :lol:

I hope he found a shrink/therapist he liked...... :twisted:
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

Return to On The Lighter Side