Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

One word.. your thoughts

Discussions and debates on philosophies and beliefs

by Lovehope » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Solitude

Go
Lovehope

by hal » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:21 pm

I enjoy solitude. I suppose that's due in part to the fact I'm introverted. But solitude is not just being alone: it connotes a certain richness of immediate experience. In my mind, solitude can't last a long time, maybe not even more than a few hours. I would be crushed by solitary confinement, where one is compelled to be alone. Desert island solitude is not for me. But a few hours by myself, for myself, is something I value.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by dubious66 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:35 pm

absolute need on a regular basis...
dubious66

by AvantGarde » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:34 pm

I love being alone, but it can get lonely sometimes. It's tough to balance for me.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Jemane » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:56 am

Not a naturally solitude loving person. I struggle when my (immediate) family aren't around me, especially my husband.
I get my brief bit of solitude going for regular 10-20km runs. That's my me time.
When I'm depressed I do need a bit more solitude though. Maybe that's why I go to bed so early?
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Spm24 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Solitude can be soul consuming. Or it can be something that is liveable. You just have to be able to ride that fine line. Never easy.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Mocha » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 am

I love solitude. I've been that way since I was a kid. And I'm perfectly happy being alone with myself in RL.

Jean de la Bruyere wrote:This great misfortune - to be incapable of solitude.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Philosophers Corner