Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Middle of the night ponderings...

Discussions and debates on philosophies and beliefs

by dubious66 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:47 am

I am assuming others have had the experience of being in a room working on a project for too long or being stuck in the house in the middle of winter for too long. You just need to get out. You're sick of your current surroundings and you just need a change.

Or

Guys and younger members can skip this part. More mature ladies: I have had the experience of having a hot flash, burning up, and just wanting, close to needing, to tear my clothes off right there, right then. (Not convenient when in public... :roll: )

So, anyone ever have those same kind of feelings about being in their own bodies? There are moments when I just want out. I think my mom's death is triggering some of these types of thoughts for me right now. Although I don't, I would like to believe that sonehow she still gets to exist outside of her body. That leads me to contemplating it as a possibility.

I think I might be experiencing a bit of internal claustrophobia ;) Bodies are so restrictive, demanding and needy. I am wondering what it would be like to be able to get outside of mine.

I should probably not think in the middle of the night. My thoughts get weird.

Hmmm...
dubious66

by AvantGarde » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:34 am

I haven't reached the hot flashes stage, but have the same "wanna rip my clothes off in public" impulse :lol: I don't though, I'm good at self control.

Hope you're getting some needed rest.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by MochaAdmin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:23 am

Dubious66 wrote:I am assuming others have had the experience of being in a room working on a project for too long or being stuck in the house in the middle of winter for too long. You just need to get out. You're sick of your current surroundings and you just need a change.

oh yeah.......that's why I moved around all my life.

Or

Guys and younger members can skip this part. More mature ladies: I have had the experience of having a hot flash, burning up, and just wanting, close to needing, to tear my clothes off right there, right then. (Not convenient when in public... :roll: )

one word......estrogen....... :)

So, anyone ever have those same kind of feelings about being in their own bodies? There are moments when I just want out. I think my mom's death is triggering some of these types of thoughts for me right now. Although I don't, I would like to believe that sonehow she still gets to exist outside of her body. That leads me to contemplating it as a possibility.

I think I might be experiencing a bit of internal claustrophobia ;) Bodies are so restrictive, demanding and needy. I am wondering what it would be like to be able to get outside of mine.

I should probably not think in the middle of the night. My thoughts get weird.

Hmmm...

I think it's perfectly fine to comtemplate life in the middle of the night...... :)

And I do understand the feeling of wanting to be outside of your body for a while. Medical issues can make you feel the same way. Very claustrophobic. I know it's not the same as what you're experiencing, but I get it. And I'm sure your mom's passing has triggered most of this, I more than agree with you on that.

Cat always believed she would go to the spiritual plane after she passed. I can't say that I believe it for myself, but I do believe Cat is out there somewhere. More to comtemplate.

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Pancake » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:31 am

I go skinny dipping in summer (;

Not so much claustrophobic with home, but definitely when I have to People.

Losing a parent is a really big deal. Kind thoughts.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Stuckles » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:32 am

When I have a severe pain flair or when I have to brace my joints I get that 'claustrophobic' feeling as your movements gets so restricted and I do tend to start thinking about it. I spent two months in a closed reduction cast once for a knee dislocation ... never again tyvm :lol:

I tend to be careful about spending too much time thinking about it though as it feeds into and brings up questions about intuition and precognition which if I let get out of hand can go into delusions.
Stuckles

by dubious66 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Avantgarde wrote:I haven't reached the hot flashes stage

Oh, rub it in ;)

Avantgarde wrote:Hope you're getting some needed rest.

Looking for some help from the sleep fairies.

Pancake wrote: Losing a parent is a really big deal. Kind thoughts.

Thanks Pan...Being with her as she went through the process terrified, asking me why I wouldn't help was tough.

MochaAdmin wrote:one word......estrogen....... :)

Yep, because 40 years of monthly inconvenience isn't enough specialness :roll:

MochaAdmin wrote: I think it's perfectly fine to comtemplate life in the middle of the night...... :)

well, it is true that work probably wouldn't appreciate me taking the time to grock there...

MochaAdmin wrote:Cat always believed she would go to the spiritual plane after she passed. I can't say that I believe it for myself, but I do believe Cat is out there somewhere. More to comtemplate.

A toast to Cat...and, I'll put some music on in her honor.
dubious66

Return to Philosophers Corner