Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Rebel Rebel :)

Discussions and debates on philosophies and beliefs

by mixedbag » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:31 am

I can imagine things can get rather complicated when a person holds unconventional views, or even radically different ones, in regard to society. Whenever that person hits rock bottom and goes through an existential crisis, being at the mercy of—at best—a close relative or a therapist/psychiatrist/counsellor, chances are he or she will be subject to judgement based on contemporary conventions, rejection of said conventions falsely attributed to a disorder. In my experience a lot of people have issues with people holding different (or less popular) views they do not agree with. Their judgement would very likely do more harm than good. Thoughts?
A. Goodman, not A. Goodman.
mixedbag

by AvantGarde » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 am

Interesting topic. Welcome back :)

I guess it depends on how far you want to hold on and fight. If you don't intend to fight and keep your beliefs to yourself, it's annoying but not that worth it to dwell much on it. Afterall, we all have different opinions and that should be respected regardless of what we think about said opinions.

Now if we're talking about neo blank, I say punch 'em and don't hold back. If it's my therapist that thinks I should hold a conventional job, I just say I'm not really interested and change the subject.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by libellula » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:48 am

Interesting topic especially if I think to my teen daughter: she's got green long hair, many earrings, weird clothes, more for a boy than for a girl. Since kindergarten she was different and at school also if having good notes, she was not so loved by many teachers because she is not like a nice girl...well, my daughter reads Nietzsche, listens music from all the countries and historical periods, she is gifted, but when we go out, many persons say horrible jokes against her for her outfit.
libellula

Return to Philosophers Corner