Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Rebellion and mania

Discussions and debates on philosophies and beliefs

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:22 am

I was a rebel! A real one, in riots and revolutions and all of that. Manic of course.

It's a sign of mania when we become increasingly more rebellious and want to start changing our lives, we've all felt it at one point or another.
Nowadays when I'm up I don't go to rallies and scream at cops ( :lol: ), I start to want to rebel agaisnt the stable things in my life, with that need for change burning inside of me with passion. Either is changing interests, to changing my whole life, to quit going to doctors, etc. I feel like my med really helps with these swings and helps me to ground myself a bit.

Albert Camus in the book Rebel said that a rebel is someone who simutaneously says no to something that goes against his beliefs and yes to something inside of him that he cherishes. He wrote that book post-WWII when revolution meant kill or be killed, but it's a good metaphore for our feelings of rebellion with BP.

I'm learning to choose what to say no and yes to, in order not to go on a self destructive path. Of course I know I can't really control mania and that's not my intention, but to be able to see when it starts to happen that I need to stand my ground to certain things and at the same time being able to let go of others.

It's a tough balance.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:24 pm

AvantGarde wrote:I'm learning to choose what to say no and yes to, in order not to go on a self destructive path. Of course I know I can't really control mania and that's not my intention, but to be able to see when it starts to happen that I need to stand my ground to certain things and at the same time being able to let go of others.

:)

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Philosophers Corner