Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Birthday week

Share your success and positive news!

by Mom2dani » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:42 am

It’s my birthday week (Sunday was my bday). About a month ago i decided to not celebrate and go to northern Az, stay in a cabin out in the middle of no where. Live among the forrest animals and reflect for a week. Made the reservation a month ago, told my 14 year old daughter she can have an extra week with her dad. She wasn’t happy, she wanted to spend my bday together but I was dead set on not celebrating.

Fast forward to this week. My daughter and i have been up here, leaving today and just enjoying ourselves and enjoying each other’s company (anyone who has teenagers know that is quite an accomplishment in itself).

I was definitely in a manic state when I made the reservation. Impulsive, reckless, irresponsible and pity pity. But i came around, meds maybe stabilizing but i am so glad she and i celebrated my birthday together. Woohoo
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

by AvantGarde » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:54 am

Happy birthday week! Such a great idea to go to the woods, manic idea or not :)
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mom2dani » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:32 am

I’m a city girl. Never heard an owl until the other night, never heard rifle shots from hunters I’m assuming are hunting dear and elk, and i swear i heard wolves the other night. Squirrels everywhere and raccoons. Quite the experience for me.
Mom2dani

by AvantGarde » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:39 am

A bit scary, I'm sure :) You'll love looking back on it though.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:10 am

Rock on, Mom!!!.......and I'm really glad your daughter went with you. It was a shared experience that neither one of you will ever forget......especially your daughter...... :D...

I'm so proud of you!.......btw, I've spent quite a bit of time in that part of
AZ, and I know just how relaxing and freeing it can be for your mind. Sometimes getting back to basics/soaking up nature can do us more good than anything.........and btw......what's wrong with being a little spontaneous on occasion?........doesn't always have to mean you're being manic.......... ;)

Hope you took plenty of pics?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Lisa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:06 am

Mom2dani wrote:I was definitely in a manic state when I made the reservation. Impulsive, reckless, irresponsible and pity pity. But i came around, meds maybe stabilizing but i am so glad she and i celebrated my birthday together. Woohoo

OMG! Congrats, Mom2dani! I miss the woods so much! Such a magical thing to share with your teenage daughter. Methinks perchance this could be a yearly thing =]
Lisa

by Mom2dani » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:04 am

Lisa wrote:
Mom2dani wrote:Methinks perchance this could be a yearly thing =]

Me thinks so too. It was just an awesome experience. I haven’t been in the woods, geez since i was a young teenager. Hearing all the different animals and not just barking city dogs, was just i don’t know, like i was one with nature and could truly reflect on trying to heal from my divorce and heal spiritually.

Just bad ass.

Xoxo
Mom2dani

by Mom2dani » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:09 am

Mocha wrote:
I'm so proud of you!.......btw, I've spent quite a bit of time in that part of
AZ, and I know just how relaxing and freeing it can be for your mind. Sometimes getting back to basics/soaking up nature can do us more good than anything.........and btw......what's wrong with being a little spontaneous on occasion?........doesn't always have to mean you're being manic.......... ;)

Mocha have you ever visited Bearizona. I’d say that was the highlight for both of us. You drive through their compound that’s totally open. Bears, wolves, deer, elk everywhere. It was awesome.
I did like the spontaneity of booking this trip, I’ve always been somewhat spontaneous in that aspect but what frightened me was going alone, and that is not like me at all. While there, at night when i went outside to smoke, i would think about how very bad it would have been if i went alone. There is a saloon on the cabin grounds, i thought while there that if i had been alone I could see myself going to that saloon and getting shit faced. I’ve been sober for 3 months, so that would have been a No Bueno. Plus being alone, bunch of hunters everywhere, God knows what I would have done. So I’m glad i snapped out of the frame of mind, and asked the girl go with.

Thanks guys for the congrats.

Xoxo
Mom2dani

by Mom2dani » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:20 am

Ps I did come home to piss and shit in my room. The ex was coming over to feed our dog, let her out etc. she is his dog too, just my rental allows pets, his doesn’t. So it was something nice for him, visit with our dog.

Gigi had some accidents in my workout room that thankfully he cleaned up. He didn’t check any other room aka my bedroom and when I walked in, boom met with yucky poo and urine, damn her.

He also picked up the poo in her dog run. Ugh my ex has always been a nice, great guy. Our divorce has been final for a month now, why can’t he be a dick, would probably be easier for me to move on. But in the end, i know I’m a lucky ex wife regardless of how shitty he brought this divorce on.
Mom2dani

by AvantGarde » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:20 am

Poor puppy, a whole week. She must've felt really alone. How often did he go there?

AvantGarde

by Mocha » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:36 am

Mom, no I always wanted to get to get to the Grand Canyon and areas around it, but never made.......did get around other parts of AZ though......I loved it.

Your ex may have been an asshole in many ways, but any ex that picks 'his' dog's shit does have some redeeming qualities, just not enough or he would have cleaned up the crap in your room.......:lol:.....

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Mom2dani » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:33 am

AG- apparently he went every day. But he has a long work day 8am-6:15 pm. And who knows if she went those times he was there because I’m sure she was too excited to see him. I can tell she is bummed now that we are home and she isn’t seeing him every day. She has been crying out of the blue and comes to me for hugs. Can you imagine a pit bull/ boxer mix coming over, staring at you, and when you hug her she puts her head on your shoulder? Although, cute and sweet but sad. I may suggest he come to see her more often because I did tell him to keep the key because of our daughter, in case if emergencies or she has lost her key.

Mocha- haha thank you for the laughs. Yes he should have checked all rooms that were open (there were only 2) , the workout room (which he did) and my room. Jiminy crickets we were together for 20 years, married for 17 grow balls and check my room dammit!!!

We did get around more just in northern AZ. Went to sunset crater and Williams. I’m from phoenix, now living in Vegas, so it was a new experience for me too as we never went up north (except for the Grand Canyon).
Mom2dani

Return to Accomplishments and Good News!