Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Survival of the tinniest

Share your success and positive news!

by AvantGarde » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:40 am

These last 30 years have sucked for me. I had a sometimes okay childhood, terrible teens, drugged up young adulthood and mental illnesses as the cherry on top. But I survived.

This week I had to step back from the board and from news websites to get back to myself. I got sick with a stupid horrible cold, terrible period cramps after and headaches, and all the while having to life as usual.

Yesterday the time changed and I haven't been sleeping much. I figured I would be with a horrible mood and ready to call off my appointments to stay in bed, but as it turns out I'm in a good mood, the weather is great sunny and kinda chilly. I feel good.
I just keep thinking how well I actually am all things considered, and how my life is actually pretty great.

Can't complain, can survive :D
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Steponme » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:07 am

When I saw the title I assumed you were going to talk about how you are a short person and that life is good despite being short.
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by AvantGarde » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:46 am

That's always relevant :lol:

Edit: It was the intent of the post, but I was backsided by myself

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:04 am

It's fun to be surprised. Especially when it is with a good mood. It makes things easier to handle.

Being able to realize that things are not bad for you can boost your moral. When it is needed....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:57 am

Well, things are bad. They have consequences. But can be mitigated by how we approach them and handle them. Sometimes we forget that, it's true. :)

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:33 am

It is true we forget... We forget many things. Many important things.

There are always consequences for everything. No matter if we want to admit them or not.

Do your best is all you can be. Take the best and worst that life has to offer you and make it meet somewhere in the middle....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:45 am

All true :)

Fun fact to fit the title: When I was a pre-teen, I was the tallest of my friends. None of my parents are tall, my mom is short and my father was medium height. So I was regarded as having inherited my uncle's genes (he's really fucking tall as fuck). So, I turn 13 and simply stop growing. Went to the doc and the doc said I would probably be short. :| Fast forward two years, I was very short comparing to everyone else. People started calling me Mini, it's still my nickname 15 years later. Some friends don't even know my real name, because it just never came up. :lol:

AvantGarde

by hal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 am

Mini :lol: [Oh, sorry]
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Spm24 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:54 am

I new you said your were short before. So assumed the title had something to do with that. It is funny that nicknames can become our names to some people. For years I was know as North.. It is funny how a name is just that a name...sort of like people UN here it is how we know them because that's what is given us...
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 am

hal wrote:Mini :lol: [Oh, sorry]

Oh I don't mind at all :D First I don't mind the nickname, and I really don't mind being short. :lol:

There's a saying here in Portugal, "women are wanted like sardines, small and chubby." :lol:

Edit: Hey North! :D

AvantGarde

by Lisa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:32 am

Steponme wrote:When I saw the title I assumed you were going to talk about how you are a short person and that life is good despite being short.

I, too, thought this, Steponme! XD

Instead of a giggle or grin, it turned into something magical =] I want to quote each comment and agree or thank the author for speak truth as I see it.

LOL at Mini. The same thing happens with my family, I'm Lisa to relatives and if you called and asked for me by my birth name no one would claim to know me.
Lisa

by Jemane » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:13 pm

Mini! Love it.
You’ve been through a lot. I’m glad you’re feeling like things are going reasonably well for you at the moment.
All the best. (Mini was the nickname for one of my kids for years- except now she’s really tall and much taller than me!)
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Ha! So cool! I share a nickname with your kid :D

It's actually a shorter version of another nickname that to protect my privacy I won't share, but the Mini one was the one that stuck through the years.
A friend of mine is living in the US and I found her mom once at a fair, told her to send her a hug from me, but I had to send it out as Mini, or she wouldn't remember me by my name. This was just a few months ago. So, it's still present. Previous to to that one I went to a concert and there were a bunch of old friends of mine there, so it was just two years ago, can't seem to shake it off. A 30 year old Mini :lol: I don't mind though, takes me back to good times with my friends.
Most of my friends have variations of my name, all combinations of syllables are game :lol:
Also, one new year's, they saw a picture of me with 6 or 7 years old with my hair short and started calling me Vincent :lol: :lol: They're all nutjobs.

AvantGarde

by Mocha » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm glad you're doing ok, AG........and it's good to step back when needed...... :)

Sorry about the cold, etc. I hope all that stuff is clearing up?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Still a bit sniffy, but I'm alright. :) Thanks

AvantGarde

Return to Accomplishments and Good News!