Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

I'm finally cooking dinner again :)

Share your success and positive news!

by cln1812 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:14 am

I really struggle a lot with the depressive phase of BP, less with the manic (well, I do struggle once I come down from the mania at any rate). Anyway, it has been years since I've actually cooked dinner most nights for my family. I would always just buy something frozen, like pizza or lasagna, or make something super simple and not very healthy like hot dogs.

Anyway, since coming back from vacation in August, I have been cooking most of our dinners from scratch. I have actually surprised myself as I've done some complicated recipes that turned out pretty well. I really want to get us off eating a lot of processed stuff and eating meals that are actually homecooked. I still do the occasional take-out (especially for nights when my book club meets or there is a PTO meeting or something), but for the most part, for the first time I can remember since my daughter was born (she will be 10 in December), I'm cooking dinners again.

Something small, but a victory nonetheless.
The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.

~ Unknown
cln1812

by Duckysmom » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:50 am

Congratulations! Positive steps!
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Lovehope » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:57 am

Wow that is not small that is huge!!!! Congrats!!
Lovehope

by AvantGarde » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 pm

That's great :D
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mom2dani » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 am

I think that is awwsome. I also for some time wasn't cooking meals like I used too. I was misdiagnosed for years only recently (3 months ago) dx'd BP2. I'm also more on the depressed end so what I would do is just not cook forcing us to go out. Our make the easy dinner, spaghetti.

I just recently divorced and my daughter and I are in a new house (thank goodness) but I left all the pots and pans to him due to them being wedding gift (from 17 years ago) As you can see it wasn't a mutual thing to divorce and I'm certainly not amicable about it. We have a sous vide for the time being that I did take, that allows me to actually "cook" chicken, pork and steak. As soon as I get my own pots and pans, I'm hoping to get back into making dinner instead of going out all the time.

So I think this is a great feat for you. Way to go!!!
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

Return to Accomplishments and Good News!