Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Last day

Share your success and positive news!

by Lovehope » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:08 am

Today I end my 6 year career in social work/mental health. I have been suffering from serious compassion fatigue. It's time to leave.

I'm going to be applying for disability as I have not been well for two years. I've burned through all my fmla.

I'm proud of myself for this decision and I'm leaving work feeling that I truly made a difference in the lives of many. I hope to come back to social work one day when I'm well. It's a hard but rewarding profession
Lovehope

by AvantGarde » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:16 am

Must be tough LH, compassion fatigue is serious.

I know you will take this time to take care of yourself, rest and aim to be well.

Hug, have a good day at work.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:25 am

Six years is a long time in that field. You should be proud of yourself. I am sure the people you have helped are glad you were there.

It is not hard to burn through FMLA when you have bad episodes..

Hug
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Pancake » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:54 am

Good luck with the new chapter LH.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

Return to Accomplishments and Good News!