Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Akathisia

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Lovehope » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Anybody else have this? Does anything help? It's driving me nuts
Lovehope

by Lovehope » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:39 pm

I'm thinking about getting a weighted blanket to help. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Lovehope

by hal » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:03 pm

I haven't experienced akathisia, but I have suffered from a number of other movement disorders. Why don't you ask pdoc about it?
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Lovehope » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Pdoc said benadryl and took me off latuda last time we talked about it. However I'm getting it from geodon now and I'm not willing to stop geodon because it's helping me soo much. Wanted to see if anyone knows anything else that can help besides the benadryl
Lovehope

by Tigger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:18 pm

You guys it's funny. Everytime I visit here someone brings up a timely topic.

Part of my son's withdrawal's are akathisia. Benadryl? Really? He was taking that last week or so and it helped his mood. I posted about this. His pdoc is on vacation so I can't ask her about it.

All I can say is if this is hard for me, I can't imagine how hard it its for you guys or my 12 year old boy.
_______

Mom to 12 year old boy with bipolar

Meds: 300mg Lamictal; 300mg Lithium; 7.5mg Abilify
Tigger

by Lovehope » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Yeah my pdoc said benadryl. I just took some tonight. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesnt. A lot of the forums and websites I visit on akathisia are anti meds which are not helpful at all. Meds are saving my life right now, can't have people filling my head with that crap. Thinking about buying a weighted blanket for more immediate relief. I've also heard to cut out caffeine, alcohol and nicotine and take lots of different vitamins like b6 and such. There's a lot out there on it but be careful what you read because a lot of it is anti medication
Lovehope

by Tigger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Thanks honey. I can totally see the weighted blanket helping. He's 12 so caffeine, alcohol etc isn't in the picture. Maybe that info will help your direction? I don't know.

Thank you so much. xo
_______

Mom to 12 year old boy with bipolar

Meds: 300mg Lamictal; 300mg Lithium; 7.5mg Abilify
Tigger

Return to Medications