Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

[TW]Off meds for the first time

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Alison » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm not telling anyone to do what I do, I just wanted to share from my point of view. Long story short, my 16 year old son attempted suicide 2 nights ago, we were at the hospital for a few days, and I had no meds. My son is recovering. My additional discovery is that I haven't felt better since before I was diagnosed 8 months ago. No weirdness or withdrawal or craziness. Done with the med go round. Best to everyone.
Even storm clouds help the flowers grow~
Alison

by Pancake » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:09 pm

I think most of us persist with the meds because it's better than the alternative. Glad you're feeling better, and I hope your 'alternative' stays tame. If not, we will still be here if things go pear-shaped down the track.

I can't imagine how you are feeling as a parent. I hope your boys are both doing ok, and you too.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Mocha » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Alison wrote:I'm not telling anyone to do what I do, I just wanted to share from my point of view. Long story short, my 16 year old son attempted suicide 2 nights ago, we were at the hospital for a few days, and I had no meds. My son is recovering. My additional discovery is that I haven't felt better since before I was diagnosed 8 months ago. No weirdness or withdrawal or craziness. Done with the med go round. Best to everyone.

Alison, I'm so so sorry to hear about your son......I can't imagine what your family is going through. I hope he's getting the help he needs.

As Pan said, most of us stay with our meds because of the alternative, but it sounds as though you're doing well now. If things change, know that we're here for you if you need us.

Your family is in our thoughts.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Medications