Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Not sure what the hell happened yesterda

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Mom2dani » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 pm

I doubled up on Lamotrigine and Abilify. I forgot I took them before my daughter and I went to dinner. Then I took them before bed. Then I took Lamotrigine and Effexor in the morning per usual. But I’m only on 400mg of Lamotrigine and I took 600mg within 12 hours.

Then I doubled up on my Klonopin. I take 0.5 mg and I took 1 mg.

I must have been seriously distracted yesterday to do that. Today at work I was such a zombie I left sick.

I will be investing in one of those pill box things. I can’t believe I did that.

Anyone been so distracted you accidentally do something as stupid as I did?

I’m ok now, spoke to a pharmacist and will be back on track tomorrow, but it freaked me out to be at work and not function properly.
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

by AvantGarde » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Oh crap.. zombified right? :?

Happened to me last month. Pills are by the window on the kitchen, so I was looking at birdies on the tree and instead of taking my vitamins in the morning I took my mood stabilizer..

Called a health support line we have available here and they helped me, no need to do anything else. Started to freak out initially, basically screaming in caps lock on google search... but kept occupied and glued myself to my neighbour all day so if anything happened I had someone around.

On that afternoon there was a cat stuck on a tree so I kept busy trying to bring her down. Her humans weren't home, firemen didn't want to help, complete shenanigans, she eventually came down on her own. She must've caught quite the scare, because she stays on her window now but doesn't come strolling on the street like she used to.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Mom2, a couple of times lately I've forgotten to take my nighttime meds...... :roll:

And yes, I've been distracted, or fell asleep watching tv. It's never a good thing because I miss my anticonvulsants.....antiseizure meds. I can always feel the difference the next day, ucky, etc. I normally take my meds 11am and 11pm right on schedule.

I never double up to catch up on the missed dose(s). The Klonopin isn't such a prob.....I also take 0.5mg/prn

Btw......Those little pill containers don't do squat for me, but that's just me.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Medications