Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Up all night

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Lovehope » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 am

Well I forgot my meds until it was too late to take them. If I take them too late I'll sleep through my alarm and won t get my stepson to the bus on time. Had to go without my geodon tonight. Well it's 530am and I haven't slept a wink. Way to go me
Lovehope

by Steponme » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:29 am

I understand lack of sleep. The past two weeks I haven't been able to fall asleep until 4-7am. Then I wake up between 8-10am. Don't know why. Now I've been taking random naps throughout the day. Right now it's 3:30am and I'm not the least bit tired.
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by Mihaichuk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:52 am

For me it's staying asleep that's the problem. I fall asleep fine, but I'm progressively losing about a 1/2 hour per night for the last week, which is troubling.

“Bipolar disorder can be a great teacher. It’s a challenge, but it can set you up to be able to do almost anything else in your life.” ~ Carrie Fisher
Mihaichuk

by Mocha » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:51 am

Lovehope wrote:Well I forgot my meds until it was too late to take them. If I take them too late I'll sleep through my alarm and won t get my stepson to the bus on time. Had to go without my geodon tonight. Well it's 530am and I haven't slept a wink. Way to go me

I've done the same thing recently, LH.....forgotten to take my night meds, that is. Which is totally not like me. By the time I wake up at 4am it's way to late to take to take them so I have to wait and take them at the next dose around 11am...,my usual time. 11am and 11pm. And I can really tell when I've missed my AC's......bleh......

It takes me a day or so to feel 'normal' again.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Lovehope » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:17 am

Yeah I'm in for a rough day today. Ugh. At least I see tdoc today.

Won't forget my meds again. Feeling super anxious. Not a good feeling.
Lovehope

by Jemane » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 pm

I was up all night last night too. Took a temazepam and it did nothing. I woke every hour, plus the cat woke me twice and my 7 year old cane into my bed crying with a sore tummy then I had to get up early to drive back to the city for a pdoc appointment which I’m waiting for now. Not sure how much I slept but it wasn’t much. Feeling ok so far.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Mocha » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 pm

My sleep has been off for days. It's never been regular to begin with. I usually stay up until about 3am to 5am, then sleep to almost noon. But I have that luxury....retired, and on disability. Plus I've always been a night owl......I just like the night time......always have.

Not saying it's a good idea for sure. Just saying it's not my thing.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm

I have strange sleeping patterns... I go to bed at 8pm and wake up at 3am then sleep for two hours after lunch. If I go to bed at 10 or 11pm I wake up at 4 am anyway, so I rather sleep early and get some rest.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Mihaichuk wrote:For me it's staying asleep that's the problem. I fall asleep fine, but I'm progressively losing about a 1/2 hour per night for the last week, which is troubling.

Mihai, how's that sleep now? I had the same issue, eventually went away.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Lovehope » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:45 am

Amazing how many of us have sleep problems.

The night after I didn't sleep I took my prn zyprexa at 330 and fell asleep at 4. Slept until 730 the next morning. Won't be forgetting my meds again. The anxiety I get from Not sleeping is horrendous
Lovehope

Return to Medications