Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Pdoc visit

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Spm24 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 am

Saw my pdoc today. She upped my lithium and added a new anxiety medication (not sure of the name off the top of my head). We will see how the new dosage works. She is going to have labs done for my lithium after my next appointment. She will see if we need to add anything else next visit. She asked me how I thought my meds were doing at the beginning of the visit.

She has her quirks that I will need to get used to but who doesn't. As of right now I am content with her after two visits.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by MochaAdmin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:44 am

Shawn, it sounds like she's on top of things and I'm glad she gave you something for anxiety. When you have a chance, let us know what it is, ok?

I hope the increase and the new med helps....... :)

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:50 am

I'm glad that you like her! That's great :) good on the increase, good luck.

Also curious about anxiety med.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Pancake » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Let us know how it goes (:
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Spm24 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Will let you know when I pick up my scripts. All I know is it is prn. She was talking about adding risperdal to work on my anxiety. At least I thought that is the med she was talking about. Unless she was talking about that taking over my latuda. I dunno I spent most of the appointment trying to get my leg to stop bouncing, unsuccessfully of course... So little things are hard for me to pull together right now. They will come together in the next couple of days. I see her on the twenty seventh.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Spm24 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 am

Will see her on the third not the twenty seventh. She was not going to be there that afternoon so had to reschedule.. One week no big deal.

But to that med you were asking about the name brand is Vistaril. As I said it is prn. So hopefully won't need them to often. Time will see.
Spm24

Return to Medications