Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

My meds

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Hezman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:46 pm

Been on lamictal Skx weeks started fifty mg now on hundred mg it gives me energy Mt appetite has been better I've got cyclothymia and traits of bpd also depression and gad.
I've tried every anti psychotic queriapine helped for ages especially with sleep but going on two hundred mg stopped knocking memoir and had panic attacks in morning ability made me feel like I was doing rispwridome gave me hallucinations and olamzapine helps slightly but even five mg makes me feel shit any recommendations.

Before I have tried depakote four hundred mg made me really fat.

Also is 100mg of lamictal a good dose should I ask to go to 150 or 200 I get no side effects except it someti!es makes me euphoric
Hezman

by Mocha » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi and welcome, Hezman.....

If I read your post correctly, you're taking 100mg Lamictal now?

The thing about Lamictal is finding your sweet spot. Most docs usually will continue the titration up to 200mgs.

Why did your doc Rx Lamictal for you? Depression? It can be activating for some folks until they reach the target dose.

It's an excellent mood stabilizer for many people.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Hezman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:11 pm

I was on it I'm 2014 till 2015 I was going gym everyday and got really muscletmsoom as o CAme off it went all weird and started abuaing my pain medication and stopped looking after self properly gone from! Sixteen stone with muscle to fourteen half in year and half amd♿ my teeth rotting as I got that bad I didn't brush or shower I didn't shower for two months that was tsrrivlem soon as I got on the med I'! Slowly feeling myself again.
I will ask pdoc if can go up my anxiety is still bad they offered me haldol when I get bad side effects of the atypical
Hezman

Return to Medications