Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

So sick of the med-go-round!

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Duckysmom » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Ok, so I could put this in rants, but it's about meds, specifically the ups and downs of dosage, add this, take this away, so I put it here. I saw my pdoc. Couldn't tell where I was at mentally, sort of up, sort of down, sort of both. But sort of stable, too.

He said I'm pretty stable, but he's seeing either a "mildly mixed state" or a "slow but building rapid cycling". So then come the changes. Increase this, decrease that, keep tapering my benzo, work on coping with therapist. He's a great pdoc, knows his stuff, is caring and compassionate. I'm just sick to death of the changes.

I have a Sunday thru Saturday pill box with am, noon, eve, pm slots and now I have to go back and change them all around and that's just damn annoying and confusing.

I just want to be where I was a year and a half ago. Not pretty stable, but very stable, taking the same damn pills at the same damn times every day.

Ok, pity party done. Frustration not done. Have to go change the pill boxes.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:23 pm

It sucks to have to change your pills around. The upside of it is you all are looking at the big picture and that is to get you stable and keep you there..
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Mocha » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:27 pm

jeezus h. christ, ducky.....you must be ready to pull your hair out..... :shock:

I can feel your frustration, and I know I would feel the same.

Hopefully this particular med tweak will do the job. Fingers crossed here.

love ya girl......

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:06 pm

You'll reach stability again, I'm sure.

<3
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Jemane » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:42 am

All the best ducky, so frustrating!
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Stuckles » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:09 am

I hope your new regime works out and it stays the same so you won't have to go through it all over again.
Stuckles

Return to Medications