Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Lamotrigine and Hydroxyzine

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Mom2dani » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:43 am

Hi all,
I have a question on whether I should ask my pdoc for an anti anxiety.

I'm now up to 100mg of Lamo and the dose of the Hydro is 50mg. She said it would help me sleep as well as calm my anxiety. When I picked up my meds the pharmacist said Hydro is like a jacked up Benadryl, so it will help me sleep, and also has some calming effects.

It worked great the first couple of nights with sleep but I was still waking up with heart palpitations which is a sure sign of my anxiety and makes my day shit.

I know I shouldn't do this without consulting my pdoc but I do have some Xanax left from a previous prescription and I've been having the dose to only .5 mg and i fall asleep faster and don't wake up all anxious.

Should I request a benzo at my appt next Friday? Explain that I had a previous script and (slapping my hands) have added it to the mix?

Thanks for you help.
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

by AvantGarde » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:55 am

We should always tell our pdocs what we're taking. There's no need to lie about it. Your pdoc might not want to keep you on benzos, but there are plenty of options out there for anxiety.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:11 am

Yes never lie to your pdoc. Tell them every. Otherwise they won't be able to help you in the proper way. Ask them what they suggest for anxiety. They are bound to give you options....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Stuckles » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:12 am

It's also important that your PDoc know what you are taking in regards to drug interactions as that determines what other medication they can give you. Even if we think that a certain drug won't have any interaction or side effect, where not pharmacists so we should never decide on medication changes our selves.
Stuckles

by Mom2dani » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:33 pm

Thank you all for responses. I knew in my mind I would tell her when I wrote that, just felt guilty I took something other than she what she prescribed.

I've just been a whirl wind of emotions now that our house is on the market. I needed help shutting my brain off at night.

Again, thanks for your input.
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

Return to Medications