Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

No mj..big difference

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Lulu25 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 am

I've been smoking or vaping every day for the past couple of months and it has really helped me with my anxiety and sleep. I've been out for the last 2 days and can't get anymore til Friday. Last night I got minimal sleep, I even took my max dose for sleep and it didn't even help at all. The physical symptoms of anxiety and racing/obsessive thoughts are not as controlled. I notice a huge difference and its terrible. I wasn't completely stoned 24/7. I just take a couple of little hits off of my vape pen throughout the day. Just enough to keep my mind quiet and not feel so much anxiety. I went to a concert the other night. I haven't been to a concert in years because of bp. I shut down, it's like sensory overload. Well I didn't avoid it and I went since my friend bought the tickets and invited me months ago. I wanted to avoid it so much, it was so stressful to force myself out of my little protective bubble. My anxiety got so bad I started sweating like I just ran miles in the bald sun! It's so embarrassing!! I was literally dripping sweat. My friend noticed and asked if I was ok. I just couldn't focus. It was like I could hear every person talking and there were so many! Once I heard all the voices the flood gates opened and my mental block crashed. I heard everything, it was overwhelming. I had to close my eyes and focus on the beat of the drums to block everything else out. It was not at all fun for me. I couldn't wait for it to be over even though I really enjoyed the music. Than I remembered I had a pen in my purse! I barely had anything left but I had enough to get a few decent hits. In about 10 mins I was calm and focused. My friend was amazed at how it helped me, she just thought I was being a stoner lately :lol: Once she seen first hand how much it helped me she was a believer. So now I'm trying to keep my shit together and I had to bring my anxiety meds to work today. I have to get sleep tonight or else I have to call pdoc in the morning since she is very strict about me not going more than 2 days without sleep.
She is a soldier in the war against herself...
Lulu25

by Stuckles » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:54 am

It's hard for people to realize what you go through so it helps a lot for them to see it first hand.

Why the heck are we so sensitive to sensory overload to begin with, drives me nuts :roll:
Stuckles

by Lulu25 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:57 am

It drives me nuts too! It's like I have to constantly be aware of keeping my mental block up.
Lulu25

by AvantGarde » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 am

Lulu25 wrote:I have to constantly be aware of keeping my mental block up.

What is a "mental block" and how do I purchase one?
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Lulu25 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:20 am

:lol: :lol: AG!

It's taken years to learn how to block everything out. It is a fine tuned skill I have developed because my hearing is so intense. I am willing to share a piece of mines though lol. I can spare a little bit but I'm not sure if you really want a piece of my fucked up mind AG :shock: :twisted:
Lulu25

by AvantGarde » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:15 pm

:lol: Ok ok you keep it
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

Return to Medications