Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

From Resperidone to Abilify

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by robinred » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:25 am

After meeting with Pdoc I have been switched to Abilify as I complIned about extreme weight gain.

First day I took my meds about 2pm , felt very very tired from 4pm onwards , went to sleep at 9pm. Woke up the next morning , with aid of alarm at 7,30 and felt very tired indeed , fell asleep on the bus going to my tdoc , and I never fall asleep on the bus. Feel a bit better today not so tired.

I remember going onto resperidone and being tired but not as bad as this , I also remember it taking a long time before I did not feel sleepy in the day time on resperdone.

I guess I should really take the abilify just before bed time , what's everyone's experiences with this med , did it work out well or not , what were your side effects
Riding the BiPolar wave...........
robinred

by shandi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:19 am

the time i was on abilify was the worst feeling of being tired i ever felt
i think a very difficult thing to do is accepting that i cant promise everyone that unwell behaviors would never occur again
shandi

by robinred » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:43 am

Oh that's that good to hear , what has worked for you w/o the tiredness.?
Riding the BiPolar wave...........
robinred

by 50calty » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:18 am

It works for me. However I can get really tired. Add that too other meds and your a zombie. They made it a prn for me if things get bad. I couldn't handle it everyday. Sorry for the bad news.
Surv;vor ~ My Story Isn't Over Yet
50calty

Return to Medications