Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

MJ and Lamictal

Talk about meds, side effects, and the 'med-go-round'.

by Lulu25 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:35 pm

In the past couple of weeks I've had a bad high happen to me twice. I usually smoke after I put my daughter to bed. It's helped me not need the hydroxyzine and propranolol very much. It really helps me sleep and it really helps my racing/obsessive thoughts. It just shuts me off for like an hour or so. It's wonderful! I take my Lamictal at night as well. A couple of days ago I took 250mg of Lamictal and immediately smoked half of a blunt. Keep in mind I have smoked the same MJ all week and had no issues.

Well about 20 mins into my high my heart felt like it was beating out of chest and skipping beats. I know MJ can increase your heart rate, it's never been a problem. I don't get paranoid about it. I stood up and walked to the fridge to get some water and my legs felt like they were going to buckle and I damn near passed out. I didn't freak out but it was really bad! I had to sit down and constantly rub my thighs over and over again to focus myself on the stimulation of that rather than passing out. It was so strange. It happened the week before too. Not as intense though. It was also different MJ. But same thing, smoked it a few days and had no issues. The only thing I can think of that was different was taking my Lamictal as soon as I smoked. Usually I will smoke and relax for a bit and than take my meds. Is there something I'm missing? I wouldn't think it was a problem since I've smoked for awhile now with Lamictal and I've never had any problems until now.
She is a soldier in the war against herself...
Lulu25

by Lovehope » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Weed made me more manic and more anxious so I'm no help lol. I believe though that mixing weed and meds could probably make you feel shitty. Maybe smoke weed then take your meds right before you go to sleep? Lay down right away and fall asleep so you don't have a bad high? Just my guess I'm not an mj smoker though
Lovehope

by Mocha » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Sure sounds trippy Lulu........The most I've ever happen was a severe head rush if I smoke/take meds too close together, so I've always avoided it.

And it wasn't clear from your post, at least not to me.......are you using different strains of weed lately? As you know some of it can really be kick ass

I've always smoked earlier in the evening (and throughout the day), then taken my meds right before I hit the rack. Never at the same time.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:49 pm

I don't know about the interaction, but that used to happen to me before with strong strains or heavier joints without meds. Sometimes we just smoke a little more than we can handle. ;)
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by robinred » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:12 pm

I was in Holland around a year and a half ago , I smoked probably a third of a joint , I could hardly walk or talk and had to be taken back to the hotel , everyone else smoked and more and they were ok !

My advice is not to use weed if you are on risperidone , I smoked a few joints when I was on citalopram only and was fine , my body certainly never liked the resperidone and weed. :roll:

I very rarely smoke weed , like twice in three years so I don't have a tolerance for it either.

My advice is not to mix Illegal with prescription drugs , even Mary Jane.
Riding the BiPolar wave...........
robinred

by Lulu25 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:01 am

I usually use the wax carts and they are mmj. I stick to indica and sativa strains. I don't fuck with hybrids. I've never had issues with mj. I live in California and recreational and medical mj is legal, passed in Nov 2016. Can carry an ounce on you legally and up to 8 ounces if you have a 215. The past few days I have taken my meds about 20 mins before bed and I have had no further issues. Mocha, no new strains of dry herb. My friend knows not to give me anything different. I do think it was taking my meds and smoking way to close together. Live and learn! :lol: :lol:
She is a soldier in the war against herself...
Lulu25

Return to Medications