Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

UGH!!!!

Do you have it and does it cover your needs?

by airfobrat » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:35 am

Health insurance is handy if you have it....but what am I supposed to do when it isn't doing what it is supposed to do???

My husband and I have UHC. works great for doctor's appointments and everything else. However, we have recently discovered a major flaw....one that I can't work with.

My husband and I both have asthma. He looked up to see how much of his medication would be covered. 100%. awesome! But when we went to pick up my lamictal, it was going to cost us $400!!! After insurance, it was still $380! WHAT THE HECK??? So now i've been off my meds i was still building in my system for a week yesterday because we just can't afford it. Not to mention, I can't bring myself to spend that much money on a medicine!

The only thing I can think to do is call my doctor and see about a different medication that I could take...which is exactly what I feared...a medication run around...
airfobrat

by Crazymedic » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:08 am

Air get a copy of covered medication from your prescription coverage company. I have Uhc for healthcare and Medco for scripts and Medco covers generic lamictal with a $10copay. Otherwise work with your doctor to find something that is covered. Medication is such a huge part of recovery. You don't want to be without it.
Dont let your struggle
Become your identity...
Crazymedic

by airfobrat » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:19 am

we go through OptumRx...i'll talk to my husband to find out how to get a copy of the list...
airfobrat

Return to Insurance Issues