Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

On Disability, but thinking of going back to work

Do you have it and does it cover your needs?

by Jac68 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:36 pm

Was wondering if anyone has tried returning to work while on SSDI?

I've been on DI since 2009, but lately I've been mulling over trying to get a job(we can use a higher pay). My husband and therapist are concerned & feel it's a mistake. They're concerned that the stress will make my symptoms rear it's ugly head.

Has anyone tried working & had to return to SSDI? How difficult was it?
Jac68

by About » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:42 pm

I don't what country you live in. I live in the United States and I have been on disability since 1998. I have thought about giving up disability payments, because if i could hold a job, i would have a lot more money. But that would mean giving up the health insurance that helps me cope with the bi-polar. Also i don't know how hard or if it is even possible to go back on disability if work thing doesn't work.I guess I've got a lot of the same questions you do
About

by MochaAdmin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Jac, what did tdoc and dh say in particular?

I know you have your son to deal with also.

About getting off disability/going back to work, I don't have any experience.....sorry..... :|

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Jac68 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:23 am

Mocha
Tdoc & dh both feel that I'm not able to work. Both are thinking that it will be a problem getting benefits reinstated.

Right now my son started college & finally got his drivers permit. I can't do anything until he gets his license.
Jac68

by AvantGarde » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:28 am

I think you need to ask the proper authorities about this, but I beleive there's a limit amount of money you can make without losing disability, say work a part time for example. It wouldn't be so stressful and you'd feel you're doing something.

Not sure if it's on SSDI or SSI though. Better call them and ask.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

AvantGarde
Site Admin

Return to Insurance Issues