Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Got medicine free, no insurance

Do you have it and does it cover your needs?

by Rapunzel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:00 am

I worried about having to pay for my medicine. I don't have insurance. I'm not well-off by any means and Seroquel is very expensive. But luckily, I got my medicine free through Patient Assistance at Meridian in Sylva, NC. I had to have it tweaked one or two times but so far, the dosage has been working for me.
Although I do worry about what will happen if I get dropped and I can't get my medicine. I'm hoping that never happens.
Rapunzel

by Mocha » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Rapunzel wrote:I worried about having to pay for my medicine. I don't have insurance. I'm not well-off by any means and Seroquel is very expensive. But luckily, I got my medicine free through Patient Assistance at Meridian in Sylva, NC. I had to have it tweaked one or two times but so far, the dosage has been working for me.
Although I do worry about what will happen if I get dropped and I can't get my medicine. I'm hoping that never happens.

Rapunzel , so glad to hear you found help with your med.

You mentioned being worried about what would happen if for some reason you wouldn't be able to get them through this program......

Just wanted to let you know that AstraZeneca.....the Pharm Co who makes Seroquel, also has prescription programs for people without insurance, can't afford it. We've had other members in the past who get their Seroquel for free there.

Click------AZ&Me™ Prescription Savings Programs
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Insurance Issues