Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

PA medicaid loophole?

Do you have it and does it cover your needs?

by Lovehope » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Anyone know anything about the pa medicaid or Medicare (whatever it is) loophole? It's some sort of loophole where if you have an MH diagnosis you are eligible for MA. is this true?

My insurance is comical at this point. I work full time, pay 220 a month for it and just got slammed with a 3700 dollar hospital bill (mental health hospital). Good news though! I hit my deductible so now my therapy appointments are 50 dollars instead of 65! What a joke...

I've been told to get MA but I have no idea how to navigate that process. Is there a care manager that can help me fill out the paperwork or something? I'm lost!
Lovehope

by Mocha » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Lovehope wrote:Anyone know anything about the pa medicaid or Medicare (whatever it is) loophole? It's some sort of loophole where if you have an MH diagnosis you are eligible for MA. is this true?

Lovehope, I don't know anything about PA's system, but I do know medicaid and Medicare are two different things. What are you on? And what is MA?

My insurance is comical at this point. I work full time, pay 220 a month for it and just got slammed with a 3700 dollar hospital bill (mental health hospital).

oh god....that's just not right....

I've been told to get MA but I have no idea how to navigate that process. Is there a care manager that can help me fill out the paperwork or something? I'm lost!

Again, could you tell me more about MA? I live in CA and our system is usually different from the rest of the country.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Lovehope » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:47 am

MA is just short for medical assistance. I know the two are different. I am not sure which I would use for me. I currently have private insurance through my work. No medical assistance.
Lovehope

by Mocha » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:52 pm

maybe someone else will know more....

Do you mean state funded medical assistance? Here in CA we have MediCal/Partnership.

I hope you can find that loophole you're looking for..... :)
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Insurance Issues