Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Anyone else have intervention?

If you have any questions about living with Bipolar Disorder, we'll do our best to answer and share our experiences. Are you worried about symptoms? When to call your pdoc/tdoc? Whatever your concern....Ask Away!

by GypsySoul » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:55 pm

This lovely thing happened Saturday night. I was suppose to go to dinner with my bestie and fiancé. But instead of my bestie showing up at my door my sister did. When I got in her truck, two of my friends were in there and we were heading to my sister childhood besties home.
Well we ended up at her parents and outside. Where we suppose to be having a moment before going out. Then everyone sat around a table, staring at me, then boom!!! They were aggressive and bombarded me about how I was. They first said it was about me but drug my relationship through the mud saying it is abusive, which it isn’t. Anytime I tried to talk, I was cut off. Anytime I said I wanted to leave, I wasn’t allowed. I felt so attacked. I’ve been doing my best everyday. Going to therapy weekly. Taking my meds daily but apparently that’s not enough.
GypsySoul

by hal » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:17 pm

This is terrible, and inexcusable. Even if they sincerely wanted to help, they went about it way, way wrong. No respect. Can you speak up against it, defend yourself, at this point in time?
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by GypsySoul » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 pm

I confronted one of them cause I was told she’s the one who started the abuse stories. They have all (except one) come to me and apologized about how this happened.
What makes this all better is the fact that they were telling me all the things I needed to do to help myself and it’s all things I already do.
GypsySoul

by hal » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:33 pm

GypsySoul wrote:I confronted one of them cause I was told she’s the one who started the abuse stories. They have all (except one) come to me and apologized about how this happened.

Good for them.

GypsySoul wrote:What makes this all better is the fact that they were telling me all the things I needed to do to help myself and it’s all things I already do.

Isn't that kinda gratifying? ;)
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

Return to General Questions