Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

I'm scared

If you have any questions about living with Bipolar Disorder, we'll do our best to answer and share our experiences. Are you worried about symptoms? When to call your pdoc/tdoc? Whatever your concern....Ask Away!

by Steponme » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:14 am

The past two weeks my sleep has been ABSOLUTE SHIT! I can't fall asleep until 4-7am, and then I wake up at 8am because I am just so awake! My thoughts just race so bad and I feel like running a mile or something to get rid of all of my energy. Throughout the day I have felt off and stressed. I don't think I'm manic, but I'm scared this lack of sleep is going to cause mania. I really don't like being manic. I feel out of control and my delusions get really scary.

I manage to get some naps fit in throughout the day. My friend is also really sick. And my dog is so cute! I just feel so lost without a job. I'm so pissed off at myself for dropping out of school and I wish I would have just stayed in school and dealt with the mental health stuff going on instead of just giving up. I feel like a useless member of society doing nothing with my life.

Please just let me sleep!
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by AvantGarde » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:16 am

I really think you're heading to mania if you're not already there. Lack of sleep, racing thoughts are clear indicators.

Call pdoc in the morning, don't let it stretch out.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Steponme » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:59 am

I'll call my therapist in the morning. Thank you!
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by Spm24 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:48 am

I would have to agree with AG. You are either real close to mania or are manic. The best plan of action is to get ahold of your pdoc...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 am

I think this is pdoc material, but if you prefer calling tdoc I'm sure they will help too.

Let us know what happens.

Is this the same tdoc you had troubles with a couple of months ago? Not judging you, just worried.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:58 am

Steponme wrote: I feel like a useless member of society doing nothing with my life.

Please just let me sleep!

First of all, no matter what your thoughts are telling you, you're NOT a useless member of society doing nothing with your life........got it? You're smart, intelligent and gifted. Even though it doesn't feel that way now.

And I know you're having second thoughts re: leaving school last fall but it was so overwhelming at the time. I think you made the right decision.

It seems so many of us are having problems with sleep, or lack of it atm. And yes it can lead to mania or hypomania. I agree with the others. You def need to get in touch with your pdoc and nip this in the bud before it goes any further. Or tdoc.....good thing you have appt in the am....... :)

Let us know how it goes, ok?

We love you, Step, and we're here for you.........*hugs*....

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Pancake » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:24 am

I'd just like to remind you of how much effort you made and how often you didn't "give up" on school, time after time. Make sure you aren't doing a bit of a grass is greener thing because your logic systems have been hijacked (;

If it's not happened to you before, unfortunately mania isn't necessarily a euphoric state, it can be dysphoric, or even mixed.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Steponme » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Thanks guys. I just called my therapist to see if I could get my pdocs number. My pdoc can only see people on Monday because he lives out of town, so I wanted his number to see if I could move up my appointment. She told me to call the office to see if I could get a hold of him, but she thinks it's too late to call him. They couldn't get a hold of him. It's a three day weekend so I think I'll just wait until next week and try again. I'm not in crisis or anything. Just really annoyed with my sleep.
Steponme

by Mocha » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:40 am

I'm glad to hear you're not in crisis, Step......and I forgot it was a three day week end. Hopefully you'll get some sleep before then. Do you have prn meds to help you sleep between now and then?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Steponme » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 am

Mocha wrote:I'm glad to hear you're not in crisis, Step......and I forgot it was a three day week end. Hopefully you'll get some sleep before then. Do you have prn meds to help you sleep between now and then?

No sleep meds. I was really excited earlier. I fell asleep at 11!.......only to wake up at 1. I think I'll be fine though. I have a great support system to keep me out of trouble. I have spent a little bit of money I don't have, but nothing too serious.
Steponme

Return to General Questions