Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

psychosis

If you have any questions about living with Bipolar Disorder, we'll do our best to answer and share our experiences. Are you worried about symptoms? When to call your pdoc/tdoc? Whatever your concern....Ask Away!

Have you suffered from psychosis?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes : 9

by hal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:34 pm

I have, a couple of times (thankfully not more). Hallucinations too.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:36 pm

Tdoc and I have been working on me discerning what's psychosis and what isn't. Sometimes I have weird thoughts that I attribute to psychosis but tdoc says they're not, sometimes I have no insight and only later I realize that I was slightly psychotic. Thank dog those two don't happen often, but they still happen and I get very confused and scared, thinking I might be going down that road again.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Steponme » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 pm

My delusions are very complicated and scary. I have only hallucinated twice. Luckily, I haven't dealt with psychosis for several months.
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by hal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 am

AvantGarde wrote:Tdoc and I have been working on me discerning what's psychosis and what isn't.
I wonder about that too. The first that I recognized was only two years ago, but I think, surely I had earlier ones and didn't recognize them. BTW, I should have asked if your episodes came during mania or depression, or both. Mine were during mania.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 am

I recently discovered that it happens in both mania and depression. I think it's actually dysphoria that triggers it, so actually mixed episodes?
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by shandi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:08 pm

yea.. my psychosis is wierd creepy and annoying. it doesnt come in the form of clear seeing things infront of you. but in the form of seeing things in your peripheral.. having a headset that blocks out sound and hearing a very loud explosive sound from a meter away and not have anything cause it. hearing my mom whisper to me from miles away
i think a very difficult thing to do is accepting that i cant promise everyone that unwell behaviors would never occur again
shandi

by GypsySoul » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:19 am

Generally mine happens while I’m in a manic state. I also see things from my peripheral and occasionally hear someone calling my name. Mostly I have paranoid delusions. I think there’s always someone out to get me. Example: last night I was in my little laundry room at the apartment I live at. I heard neighbors talk and thought they were coming in to harm me. To the point where I ran back to the apartment cause I thought they were going to follow me home
GypsySoul

Return to General Questions