Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Avoidance Coping....Coming back to reality.

If you have any questions about living with Bipolar Disorder, we'll do our best to answer and share our experiences. Are you worried about symptoms? When to call your pdoc/tdoc? Whatever your concern....Ask Away!

by FairlyBroken » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:10 am

I have serious avoidance coping issues. It's bad on a good day when I'm medicated and seemingly in good health. Take away the meds for the last three weeks, drop in the loss of employment, and severe anxiety.....let's just say I've buried more than just my head in the sand, I'm up to my ankles in it! I compare it to a light or lamp, It's like someone has flipped the switch and I'm just shut off. I can't deal with the world around me, in particular, if it's stress. I somehow manage to walk around with the world around me crumbling, and I don't even notice. I just go about my normal routine as though everything was fine. Then one day, someone turns the light back on and I see reality and the mess I'm in. Usually, somehow, I manage to repair the damage and move on. Then it starts all over.

This time, I managed to mess things up pretty bad, and that moment of awakening has come upon me, and I don't have a clue how I'm going to reconcile it. I haven't had a job for some time now and therefore haven't been able to make ends meet. I'm now being evicted from my apartment and have nowhere to go. No family, no friends, no clue what to do. I've been trying to figure things out, but every time I start to do something.....try to find assistance......pack......get back in touch with my Dr.....I get so overwhelmed that I can't function. I've been all over the place. I think I'm having a seriously bad mixed episode. I'm not regulated, I have no money or insurance, no therapist, no support system. I feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff and it's not looking good. I don't know what to do.

I don't even know why I'm posting all of this here. Just to talk to someone....anyone I guess.So, thanks for listening in advance!
*Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul*
FairlyBroken

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:53 am

Hi and welcome!

Sorry I didn't approve your post sooner, I didn't realize you logged in so quickly.
And I'm really sorry you're going through all of this.

Maybe baby steps, one thing at a time. Make a list of priorities. I really think a pdoc visit is in order soon, mixed episodes are extremelly dangerous.

Do you have a place to go after being evicted? Or any way to fight the eviction?
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by FairlyBroken » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:10 am

AvantGarde
No need to apologize, it's pretty late/early! I appreciate you approving as quickly as you did.

As far as housing after the eviction....no, I really have nowhere to go. I think we are going to find a campground nearby and pitch a tent until we can figure something else out. Not optimal I know but it's all I've got at the moment. We're supposed to be out Monday or the police will physically remove us and our belongings to the curb! I still haven't been able to function enough to get my apartment packed up let alone anything else!

Like I said, I managed to really muck it up this time!
FairlyBroken

by Jac68 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:36 am

I'm going to say the same thing, set priorities. I used to shut down when things got to the point everything seemed impossible to do, but making a list by importance works.

Also, you mentioned no insurance. Obamacare is still an option for the time being. You can call & do it over the phone.

Hope things get better!
Jac68

by FairlyBroken » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Jac68

Thank you for the advice. I'll definitely look in to the Obama care thing!
FairlyBroken

Return to General Questions