Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Exhausted is an understatement

If you have any questions about living with Bipolar Disorder, we'll do our best to answer and share our experiences. Are you worried about symptoms? When to call your pdoc/tdoc? Whatever your concern....Ask Away!

by Duckysmom » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:11 pm

How can an almost 5 year old (I'm not allowed to say 4) have so much energy???? I have my grandson for the weekend. Bill picked him up while I was working on Friday, took him out on the boat fishing, then picked me up at home to go out to dinner. He ran around like a madman all evening after we got home, took a bath (oh, my, do we even have that much water in the water tank 'cause I could have swam in the bathroom? Not to mention all the bubbles everywhere!) Wouldn't go to sleep in his bedroom. Too quiet, he said. Hears strange noises he said. Ok. Family room and the Disney channel. Finally got to go to bed.
Woke up to a little someone patting my hand and whispering, "Can you wake up now?" Yes, yes, I'm up. Let me get my coffee. Breakfast, waffles then a donut, then outside to play. Fell and hurt himself (Not seriously, but I have a bit of a drama king on my hands - surprised the neighbors didn't call the police the way he carried on). Grandma's love and care and ice pack lasted all of 60 seconds before he was crazy boy again.

Off to the Dinosaur Discovery Museum. Lunch. Board games. Games on the tablet, watching kids movies at the same time.

I'm exhausted. Beyond words. It's my bedtime and he's still ramped up.

And tomorrow, I take him school clothes shopping because he starts pre-K next week.

I just want to sleep for a week and I'm starting to worry about how all this excitement is going to effect my mood. I'm starting to move in the downward direction, but that could be just because I'm so tired.

Oh, and let's throw in taking care of Auntie, the dogs, and the laundry.

Yes, it's been fun and I love him like crazy. But I'm exhausted!
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by 50calty » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 pm

I feel you. I have a 2 and 6 year old. Always seems to be WW3 going on. Rarely do you ever get a break from them. Love my kids to death, but the lack of sleep they create sends me down in a hurry. I wish I could tell you a trick or something that would help, but I don't have anything. My wife knows when I start heading down and she will try to give me a break. Just have to remember they are only that age once and to enjoy every second.
Surv;vor ~ My Story Isn't Over Yet
50calty

by Mocha » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Better you than me.......:lol:......

Breakfast, waffles then a donut.....

Never give them sweets......no candy, no soda, no cakes/cookies......anything with sugar. It's a disaster waiting to happen......Might as well give them speed.....:lol:....

My god daughter is going to be 9 in Sept and she's driving me crazy. I'll be so glad when she goes back to school. Even though she's very mature for her age, and has just about as many street smarts as I do, she's about to get on my last little nerve....... :shock:

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Jemane » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:26 pm

I remember that age. So busy. Feel like I'm just starting to breath a bit now that mine are 14, 10 and 6 and half.
Hope you get a well earned rest!
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Spm24 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:50 pm

I am sure your a truly exhausted from all that. Yes you mood might be slipping some from an overload on everything. Just keep it in mind that tomorrow will be the last day you have him full time.. then things can go back to normal....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Duckysmom » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:32 am

So Xander says to me this morning, "Grandma, I have to go home now. I'm tired. Too much fun." I said that I completely understand what he means.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by AvantGarde » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:34 am

:lol: :lol: I missed this post, this is fun :D I bet you missed him like crazy
Genetically evolved chicken at your service. Neurons that “fire together, wire together.”

"Let him that would move the world first move himself." Socrates
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:22 am

Duckysmom wrote:So Xander says to me this morning, "Grandma, I have to go home now. I'm tired. Too much fun." I said that I completely understand what he means.

:lol: :lol:

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Text from my daughter: "Xander must have left all his good behaviour at your house 'cause he's full of all kinds of nonsense now. Can you come drop it off?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Mocha » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Duckysmom wrote:Text from my daughter: "Xander must have left all his good behaviour at your house 'cause he's full of all kinds of nonsense now. Can you come drop it off?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's still all wound up then.......:lol:..

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Tigger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:53 am

Ducky this had me chuckling. :lol:

I hope you're getting some rest!

And I remember those days so, so well.
_______

Mom to 12 year old boy with bipolar
Tigger

Return to General Questions