Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Intellectual hypothosis v.s. premonition

If you have any questions about living with Bipolar Disorder, we'll do our best to answer and share our experiences. Are you worried about symptoms? When to call your pdoc/tdoc? Whatever your concern....Ask Away!

by Toadette » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:10 am

I have always been dragged into obscene or random occurances of life. At times I feel a sense of Deja Vu and other times I could swear I've been showed this while in a deep mediation or dream from my childhood.
For example: I used to have a recurring dream of being in my elementary school while an adult roughly in my twenties with two people: a short black haired person and a tall hair dyed black, gentleman wearing a tuxedo or black circus suit, both of which were recognizable to me in my dream form.
Looking out the door to the playground the sky was red and orange and bombs were going off all around us. Sense of doom filled around me like a stale scent. I remember thinking "today is as good as any to die".
I often, when realizing that I'm in that weird state of over awareness in a dream, begin asking questions. What's happening, who are these people, what year is it?
I get the following:
These people are not related to you.
World War III.
You're in your twenties.
The president is a trombone.
You're about to die.
You could have stopped this.
How weird, almost none of this could possibly make sense unless you strung strange words into a sentence.
I suppose someone could assume premonition of Trump(trombone) causes world War III, and every country is firing nukes at every other country, and my little town is no different.
I am not the type to jump into premonition. I'm a logical, cold, calculating person. I want a sense of peace while maintaining my independence of any form of conspiracy or religious undertone.
I'm still rattled though, that dream happened when I was eleven, connections are probable but not likely possible.
Can this happen to people outside of my mental issues? Is it safe to endure this fear of nothing that hasn't happened yet? Should I ignore this and continue on my marry way, even if more strange dreams or moments of warning come to me?
Toadette

by AvantGarde » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 am

Our minds play cruel tricks on us.

I often get the sense I have premonitions too. They aren't though, trust yourself.

If something like that happens it would be impossible for you to avoid it.
"You don’t suffer from a sense of superiority – you’re remarkably modest for an emperor of all humanity."
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by cottontail » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 am

I think it is part and parcel of being on the Bipolar express! Don't worry I have weird dreams when people die that they come to visit and talk to me. Who knows ... here is a virtual hug I hope that helps a bit.
cottontail

by Toadette » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 am

Had a session with my pdoc Wednesday.
He says I should watch for manic episodes, that I could think I'm doing better but was on a come down while beginning my medication and it might not be working.
I definitely don't think that helped me feel certain in anything.
I've noticed changes in me, I'm more clear, I'm not afraid of speaking to people, things that used to be annoying seem more like a part of life.
I will say however my sex drive is through the roof which concerns me, frankly it is either mania or myself, I haven't been me long enough to tell I suppose :cry:
Toadette

by Pancake » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Hey girl.
What meds?
I've been missing a load of posts lately so sorry if I skipped over it. When did you start?

I have to be hypomanic to have that sex drive.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Toadette » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:54 am

I'm on lamictal 100mg
Started March, 28
Typical steady increase each week from 25, 50, 75, and then 100mg
Toadette

Return to General Questions