Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Where are you from?

If you have any questions about living with Bipolar Disorder, we'll do our best to answer and share our experiences. Are you worried about symptoms? When to call your pdoc/tdoc? Whatever your concern....Ask Away!

by shandi » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:36 am

living in the southern part of israel here
one big desert
i think a very difficult thing to do is accepting that i cant promise everyone that unwell behaviors would never occur again
shandi

by Mocha » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:06 am

thanks for posting on the thread shandi......we used to have another member who had lived in Israel for a time......just can't remember who atm......
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by shandi » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:00 am

meh lived for some time. im not leaving this country permenantly any time soon
i think a very difficult thing to do is accepting that i cant promise everyone that unwell behaviors would never occur again
shandi

by Mocha » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Shandi....I found our other member who lives in in So. CA and Israel......
Adm_Adama wrote:Hi everyone!

I was born in Northern California, did all my growing up in a country in Africa traveled for ten years after college and now I live in a small city outside of Paris in France. I moved around a lot, recently living in Southern California and Israel, but I think I'm settled now. Liking it here, none of the cognitive dissonance that I had while living in Africa or the US.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by melyse » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:51 am

I lived my whole life in West Virginia. I currently live in North Carolina, but I cannot wait to get back to my lovely mountains someday soon.
melyse

by Mocha » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:23 am

Ok, new/newish members........give it up..... :)

Where are you from?

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Soldrae » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:54 am

Mocha wrote:Ok, new/newish members........give it up..... :)

Where are you from?

Vermont, though originally from Long Island (and lived in NC for a few years, as well as a few years in Florida as a child).

Vermont is by far the best place for healing that I've experienced.
Soldrae

by AvantGarde » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 am

Welcome Soldrae :) Why don't you make an introduction post to tell us more about yourself?
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

If you're crazy and you know it, take your meds.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Ashlauren » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:06 pm

I am born & raised in Joshua Tree, CA
Ashlauren

by Karen79 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:50 am

Born in Long Islamd NY but moved to Fl when I was 5. Hated all of it the moved to Rosedale NY for 9 months. Was great until I broke up with my ex and had to deal on my own. Was just dx at the time. Moved back home than a yr later moved to Chicago with my sis. I spent a couple yrs there... mainly off meds but had to move back to Fl. Still hate it but it's where family is :)
Karen79

by Mocha » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Soldrae wrote:Vermont, though originally from Long Island (and lived in NC for a few years, as well as a few years in Florida as a child).

Vermont is by far the best place for healing that I've experienced.

Soldrae, Vermont is absolutely beautiful.....and peaceful. I spent a few months there once upon a time....years and years ago.

Karen wrote:Born in Long Islamd NY but moved to Fl when I was 5. Hated all of it the moved to Rosedale NY for 9 months. Was great until I broke up with my ex and had to deal on my own. Was just dx at the time. Moved back home than a yr later moved to Chicago with my sis. I spent a couple yrs there... mainly off meds but had to move back to Fl. Still hate it but it's where family is :)

You guys are like the majority of folks on this thread.......lots of moves.......I call mine "bipolar moves".....cause they usually were...:lol:....

*Ash.....I love the desert, but I don't think I could live there full time...... :)

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by crazymama30 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Born in California, but have lived in Oregon since I was 4. Not saying for how many years I have been in Oregon, but it has been a lot. :D I like it here and don't see me moving, my whole family is here, and I love the outdoors and camping and fishing and hiking. I am not much of a winter sports person, though I would like to get into cross country skiing and snow shoeing once I am done with school and have more time.
just keep swimming
crazymama30

by Jus_Kiyah » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Missouri here!!
Jus_Kiyah

by hasupanda » Tue May 02, 2017 6:59 pm

soldrae! I am a fellow Vermonter. Was born and raised in Lamoille County. I loved growing up there. So beautiful. I didn't realize how special it was till I moved away. I could go outside and ground myself any time. I miss that now. It's strange, it's necessary for me, like breathing. I need nature lol

I moved from Vermont to Massachusetts, from Massachusetts to Kansas, and from Kansas to North Dakota. Not planning on being here in ND long. Too cold, too flat, and nothing to look at where I'm at. I need trees and rivers and a couple mountains here and there. Or ocean. I love that too.

This post is making me miss my motherland lol Time to go drink some maple syrup :D
“When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful.”
hasupanda

by Soldrae » Wed May 03, 2017 1:46 pm

What a small world, I'm in Lamoille! We had a good sugar season this year (or so I'm told, being a flatlander some of this stuff is still new to me). Our mud season is especially long this year, but we're in the 50's so it feels great to open the windows in spite of the rain!

Perhaps you'll find yourself back here one day, until then maybe you can snag a chance to enjoy some of the national parks out that way. I've always wanted to see that part of the country (in the summer, of course).
Soldrae

by hasupanda » Thu May 04, 2017 8:12 am

Small world indeed :lol:

Lamoille County is beautiful. I was lucky to grow up there.

It's ok here. Though I moved here in August and was working 60 hours or more a week so I missed the nicer weather and then had to deal with the winter. -40 with 40-50mph winds is no joke. Definitely don't want to be here forever!

Hoping to get out to see the badlands before we leave here though. I hear it's lovely. Where I'm at it's all flat Monsanto farmland, so not much to look at. The sunsets are pretty at least.

I was back in Vermont in December when my dad passed, but as I'm sure you know, that is not the ideal time of year to visit lol I hope I can make it out for fall again someday.
“When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful.”
hasupanda

by Sovereign » Fri May 05, 2017 5:21 am

Born and raised in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands. :)
Sovereign

by AvantGarde » Fri May 05, 2017 5:30 am

Sovereign, I loved Amsterdam last year. Spent my birthday there :D
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

If you're crazy and you know it, take your meds.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Sovereign » Sat May 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Next time you should visit my hometown, Apeldoorn! The greenest part of the country ;) Not in terms of weed, btw, just, nature and stuff. Dutch nature might not be that spectacular, our cuntry being as flat as I dime (and yes, cuntry was deliberate), but it's still a special place on earth :)

I'm also starting to notice that my country seriously lacks names, villages, brands, labels and pretty much anything that start with 'P'. This is actually pretty fucked up. But that's just me. I dunno, seems pretty fucking weird to me. I saw this neon sign tonight of a shop, and this 'p' kept flickering in changing intervals. I can't find anything on the internet that seems to mean anything related to 'P' though. But now I started thinking, that flickering wasn't non-stop. It seemed like controlled intervals. Morse code perhaps?? Anybody know morse-code??
Sovereign

by skizzedkid » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:58 am

Now I have read through all posts and it seems that I am the only one from Sweden here. I did find a neighbour in Norway, though. Well, this is a small country, monarchy, with halfcold winters (-5c) and halfwarm summers (20c). Mind you, I was never built to stand heat in any form. I like the cold and the darkness of the winters. In the summer we have daylight 20 hours/24. So hard to relax. But in the winter the sun rises at 12 and sets at 15. Only looking at the stars makes me breath free.
skizzedkid

by Rina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:20 pm

I grew up in the country outside of a river town in SW Indiana, USA. Two hours from everywhere, small town attitudes, lots and lots of meth. Maybe I'm selling it a little short. It's getting nicer, they're working on redoing the downtown, and there is a lot of history. Now I live in Bloomington, IN, "The San Francisco of Indiana" as they call it. It's much nicer and there is a lot more to do, somewhat better access to quality mental health services, and more opportunity. I suppose since I said negative things about my hometown I should say negative things about my adopted town to make it even... the rent and traffic get outrageous and they keep building these silly expensive high-rise apartments everywhere! LOL I'd like to move out of backwards Indiana but my husband likes where we are so a Hoosier I will stay!
Rina

by Maxamilene » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Only Scottish one here then ??

Ive been country hopping for a few years now , New Zealand, France , Ireland , Holand , Austria, Italy and now sorta stable and staying in Sweden ... nothing like Scandinavias to make you feel like an out of place potato of a person
"Now I am quietly waiting for
the catastrophe of my personality
to seem beautiful again,
and interesting, and modern."
"
Maxamilene

by hal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:49 pm

hal wrote:
Maxamilene wrote:Only Scottish one here then ??
I can claim some Scottishness: McIntosh.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Maxamilene » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:38 am

skizzedkid wrote:Now I have read through all posts and it seems that I am the only one from Sweden here. I did find a neighbour in Norway

Hej !!! Down in Stockholm I'm not alone :D
to seem beautiful again,
"
Maxamilene

by Maxamilene » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 am

skizzedkid wrote:Now I have read through all posts and it seems that I am the only one from Sweden here.

Glad midsommar!!! Means the winter is back on it's way ( thank god) this 3:30am sunrise is driving me nuts
to seem beautiful again,
"
Maxamilene

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions