Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Naps?

What are your triggers? People, places, smells, or sounds? Have you learned how to set your boundaries? Or do you know what your boundaries are?

by Alison » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Just wondering. I took a nap today because I had hurt my knee and fell asleep while elevating it. Anyway I woke up a while later but in a crappy mood. Aren't naps supposed to be happy bonuses? I'm feeling agitated. Yes therapy, yes meds, good to go on that front ;)
Even storm clouds help the flowers grow~
Alison

by hal » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:37 pm

I don't think it's unusual to wake up feeling crappy. Or groggy, as I sometimes do. But I hope you feel better next time!
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Lovehope » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:42 pm

I usually feel crappy after a nap.. bleh. I try not to take them but sometimes I can't help it. Usually takes a couple hours for the grogginess to wear off
Lovehope

by Spm24 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Many times I wake up in a crappy mood after a nap. I think it just all depends on the day.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Alison » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:51 pm

It's good to know I'm not alone. Thanks guys.
Even storm clouds help the flowers grow~
Alison

by Duckysmom » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:56 pm

You're definitely not alone. If I nap longer than 30 minutes, I feel crappy, too.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Mocha » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Duckysmom wrote:If I nap longer than 30 minutes, I feel crappy, too.

I read something about this the other day. It said short naps are better than long naps during the day. Helps avoid the grogginess.

I sometimes take naps during the day, but not long ones. I do ok.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Funny enough, my kitten is the one who wakes up cranky after a nap :lol:

I do okay on that front. Usually my naps are 1 to 2 hours. If it's like a 5 hour nap I wake up not knowing who I am or where I am, but it goes away.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

Return to Triggers and Boundaries